C&R Enterprises

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Laydon, Feb 27, 2004.

1. vrbanana Forum Junkie

time quoted is book time but it can be done easily within that time and the parts quoted are OE parts but not through VAG with the VAG price tag

2. Crasher New Member

Hamsters, Gerbils, nah-I only eat rats.

ELSA may quote an ABF cam belt at 1.2 hours (I will check that in the morning, I don't have ELSA at home) but it takes about two and a half hours on the average car due to seized PS fittings and the usual rounded off crank pulley socket head bolts. We would quote at three hours but charge less if it took less time.

The times VAG list for jobs can sometimes be hysterical, I can't quote any specifics off the top of my head, but they are optimistic to say the least. Personally, I would rather one of my mechanics took twice as long to do a job than match the book time and screw something up.

One example that springs to mind is one we have just heard about. A customer of ours (relatively long standing) has an Audi A8 3.7Q and the cam belt was due. We quoted more than the dealer as we insist on changing the water pump, coolant (G12+ costs in a system that big) and thermostat as its utter stupidity not to do them. Anyway, he went to our local Audi dealer who charger about 100 less than we quoted but didn't change the pump and thermostat. About six months later (thats recently) he had an overheat warning and was taken to the dealer by the recovery people. They said it wasn't anything to worry about but he started to fret and came back to us. At this point he had steam coming out the exhaust and now needs a new engine as you can clearly hear that a piston has picked up on the bore, the reason being the thermostat has decided to stay shut. Shopping by the price tag isn't always the cheapest
    Edited by: Jon P

3. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Type in a font readable by the average drunk, please..... :lol:

4. Admin Guest

done ;) :lol:

5. Crasher New Member

What's wrong with my drunken font?[:s]

6. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

i think the problem was that your font was a little too sober for our Irish friend.