Caged track car insurance - who are people using?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by A.N. Other, Mar 31, 2010.

1. ingham Forum Member

Im with Brentacre i was with HIC but they started to forget mods on car that i told them about last year , Brentacre price matched HIC

2. PT82 New Member

Im with Sky Insurance or my stripped mk2 20vt

3. andymark1 Forum Member

Hello Chris,

Am with Adrian Flux,All mods Declared and found them very helpful:thumbup:,most others world not cover all the modifications,they would only cover five modifications.

Hope this helps

4. swaffGTI Forum Member

chris,

i once paid over the odds to be with HIC believing they where the best and understood my meaning of insured to drive on the continent i.e. ring trip and have breakdown cover in the e.u.

I later found out it was a complete lie, they checked the original conversation when i accepted the policy (which was recorded) and never got back to me to accept the fault or refund any difference i had paid extra

Luckily/unfortunately never made it too the ring

just my experience of HIC

5. G60RCaol Forum Member

Brentacre don't mind whatever i do, so long as its not over 180bhp, and i inform them!

6. barny Forum Member

Brentacre with mine too, i'm held at 210bhp and as said before can do what i want as long as they know. Paid 400 last year and renewal just in at 440 now so not gonna bother looking elsewhere. No claims is guarented - apperently better than 'protected'.

Best bit is they answer the phone, know what thier talking about and have a sense of humour, really would recommend them.

7. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

My mk1 was with Brentacre and they didnt bat an eye lid at the cage etc, only thing they are bothered about is bhp.

down side is my renewal with brentare was over 1k for the mk2... HIC was 500 with a bit of haggling, and thats with lower excess and I am obly 24 with all mods. and I have an agreeded value on the mk2, something most others wont do

if you are looking for trackday cover, HIC can do it but read the small print, as I had it on my minis... it was OK but your excess is 1000 and there was other get out clauses too iirc, so I then thought it would be cheaper to drive sensibly, and if I end up in the kittly litter just tow the car home and rebuild it my self.

also look at green light, they cover my Audi, but can be abit iffy with heavily modded cars, they also dont do agreed values, so getting what the cars worth can be hard if its not a run of the mill car

8. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

i've been with Brentacre for 14 years now and have all three cars with them , full specs declared etc and good rates.

9. 12valver Forum Member

Another with Brentacre, been very impressed so far and they don't mind mods, you just set a bhp limit for the car.

10. coullstar Forum Member

Im with Brentacre as well however I have heard that one of the companies they use (Marketsutdy) are shocking bad to deal with when claims are made.

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

Just had confirmation from Footman James that they're covering the rollcage and megasquirt install at no extra cost.

It's on a multi-car policy 4 cars, 2x group 14, 2x group 20(probably) , all mods declared, about 800 all in. I am old though ;)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  12. jamesa Forum Junkie

I cover the Mk1 (caged) as a road legal competition car ... no declaration of mods just engine capacity and the type of events used for - agreed value - agreed road mileage - trailer included ... all fully comprehensive.

Trailer has to have two physical locking devices, car none.

Road cover only ... NOT events.

For a value of ;) and a mileage of 5k = 313 pounds.

Have always used Richard Eggar, initially as Competition Car Insurance but now as REIS.

When I had the modified Mk2 2.0l 16v (not caged) it was with Liverpool Victoria (LV), only declaration required being the change of engine capacity ... no limitations = 240 pounds.

... but then I`m even older than Mike :lol:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  13. Mike_H Forum Addict

... and you're living in a lower insurance area, but you're paying more than I am. Multi-Car is the way to go, if you have 3 or more cars. I think they're less fussy about modifications too, because they're averaging out the risk across the cars.

14. jamesa Forum Junkie

Thanks ... worth a look then, declaring all the Mk1`s modifications may take a while !

15. SuperVM Forum Member

I received my renewal for my BAM powered mk2 Golf from HIC last month, which was around the 450 mark; however, I was shocked to see on the renewal that I apparently had declared a conviction for driving with a mobile phone. When phoning them they informed me I had phoned on my birthday of the previous year to report this conviction and refused to remove it without me sending proof that I don't have any such conviction. When I questioned how this conviction ended up on my file, they simply suggested that it was possible it had been accidentally added. I decided not to renew the Golf and have since sold it; however I phoned them for a quote on my M3 and they simply put me through to Adrian Flux. I don't think I'll bother with them in future.

16. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Caged Track Cars

Out of interest, who is everyone using for Caged Track Cars these days, as 2nd cars with no NCB on limited mileage policies? :p

Last time i insured a Mk2 it wasnt caged, but was only about 150 from Footman James.

Before that i have had various policies with all the insurers. Prices have always ranged from 200-350. Obviously, it would need to be as cheap as possible being a 2nd car.

17. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Mine was with HIC, but that was because they were the only ones that would touch it with that engine in.

18. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

19. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I looked for this thread too. :lol: Remembered posting in it.

Edit: Actually, i was looking for the FJ Rollcage thread, not this one.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  20. MK1-Tron

MK1-Tron Forum Member

Me also, all mods declaired engine swap cage etc, Value of 6K, 3rd party on other cars 375, was much cheaper than anywhere else i phoned. (Im 29)