central locking not working on mk2 16v

Discussion in 'Security' started by Dipesh51, Mar 9, 2010.

1. chas New Member

hi again,yes i'm back again, still having probs with c/locking ,here's another on for you it it why has my main actuator fried with just a red a a blue wire s connected, god its frying my mind never mind actuators grrrh.

2. KeithMac Forum Junkie

The actuator in the drivers door?.

The actual pump unit in the boot should run until it locks (or unlocks) then when enough pressure is built it it will "pop off" and shut down.

My drivers door lock has an aftermarket locking solenoid, 3 wires for the original central locking and 2 for the locking motor (driven by the alarm).

Mauve just fit a generic solenoid in there and see how it goes, if that burns out it's the Pump in the boot drawing too much current.

3. chas New Member

hi the problem is bigger than that, the feed to pump is dead ,the pump is dead too ( have had it tested} the wiring in the door is all over the place,i dont know what i am doing , i connected red live wire on main 5 wire activator and left it on for to long and fried it, i need an auto electrician i will have to keep looking for one ,thanks for your inputChas

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Have you found the 3 pin plug at the A pillar? If the pump is dead good chance that's caused all your issues since

5. chas New Member

hi , thanks for the info- what' does this plug look like ., when you say at the a pillar where abouts or are you saying inside a pillar

6. rubjonny

its a white 3 pin plug with round pins, will hang around near the A pillar behind fusebox. the car side half of it goes to the rear loom plug and off to the pump in the boot, the other side runs inside the door to the lock switch
    s-l1600.jpg

7. chas New Member

hello again,hope your well, just a point before i start ripping the foot well apart looking for the white three pin plug does this apply to the ce1 (with hazards on dash board )not steering wheel, just thought do you know whether it is negative or positive trigger, what are the pile of wiring for,thanks

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  8. chas New Member

9. rubjonny

The main cl wiring is the same for both, the only difference is where on fusebox the live feed comes from:
    https://www.clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/fusebox-faq.219775/

It's a positive trigger system so live from fusebox to cl switch, then live from switch to either lock or unlock pin on pump in boot, and pump earth's in the boot