clifford concept 650 ?

Discussion in 'Security' started by mikedub, Sep 13, 2005.

1. mikedub Forum Junkie

so im getting a new cat 1 allarm and just wondered what you lot have and how much you paid ?

i need a certified installer who can issue a certificate for the insurance !

i just called at a local place and he is a certified approved clifford dealer, he said he can install a clifford concept 650 for 450, that includes a motor on the drivers door for remote central locking,

the clifford concept 650 has;

Proximity sensor
    microvave detectors (so if you leave windows open it doesnt just go off without someone being in the car)
    life time guarentee
    anti hi-jack
    tilt mosion sensor

loads of stuff tbh

also he said i could have auto start fitted for an extra 200 at a later date

what do you lot think of the price 450

the alarm
    http://www.clifford.com/uk/products/features.asp

and any other suggestions welcome

2. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

well the clifford 650 is available at 3 basic price ranges

you have

A the 650 U which comes with ultrasonics 350 fitted

B the 650 P with the dual zone prox(microwave) 370 fitted

C the 650 G with glass impact sensor and a tilt sensor 390 fitted

also what car do you have as if you have a golf then you will not need a door motor

also the alarms come with the anti hijacking as standard but to be honest with you every one i have fitted the customer has asked to have it turned off as they are fed up with having to input the code all the time

as for the remote start i fit it for 150

so for the basic alarm i think you are paying around 80 TOO MUCH

just to let you know i have a clifford 650p with glass sensor,tilt sensor total closure,remote startand remote headlights

Edited by: TROUBLESTARTER

3. mikedub Forum Junkie

i have a j reg mk2 golf driver converted to a 1.8 16v kr engine, it has central locking but you need to physically turn the key in the drivers door for it to lock the full car, i have a flush boot so want that wired to pop on the alarm fob aswell,

he mentioned the one he fits has tilt sensors and glass tamper sensor ?

also

definatly has a proximity sensor and (microwave something) [:s] [:$] .

so which package do you think he was talking about ?

cheers for any help ?

4. Ben's16v Forum Member

Might have been talking about the 'g'.

On my 1996 Mk3 16v, I've got the "Concept 650 G5", which has all the usual bumph, plus tilt-sensors, glass tamper sensors and "black-jax" system (which I think they all have).
    The microwave-thingy is the bit that only sets the alarm off if there's movement inside the car - good fun to alarm the car with your mates in while you pop in teh garage! (even my mobile vibrating on the passenger seat set mine off!)
    It's comes as standard in the 'g' package.

The dual-zone proximity sensors are also standard in the 'g' package - I disable my 2-meter sensor as it goes off in car parks (good for shows, private drives etc).

I also had the remote closure linked up (as my Mk3 has the auto-closure on the door locks already), which closes the windows and sunroof with the fob.

All together it cost me 450 (almost exactly a year ago), which is probably an average price. Obviously there will be people who will do it cheaper and more expensive.

Nice to have the Clifford G5 stickers on the windows and blue LED. Certainly makes me feel more secure about the car.

5. mikedub Forum Junkie

cheers for the info mate, so it would seem 450 with a motor for the door is a reasonable price, i think im going to go with it :)

6. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

just to clear this up the dual zone prox and the microwave are one and the same thing the prox has a warn away zone and a trigger zone so if someone stands to close to the car for to long then it gives a warning at them to move away

also the prox is NOT standard with the G this denotes glass impact it comes standard with the P denoting prox
    Edited by: TROUBLESTARTER

7. JAY

Jay Forum Member

take the stickers off the windows, i never like to advertise what alarm i have, would make it so much easier for someone to get past!

had mine fitted by studweiser

8. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

get stud to fit it TBH mike.

9. sarah16v Forum Member

I've got that alarm and its sh*te, it goes off every 2mins, the remote start thing get carried awaycos if you stand by the car for long enough with the keys it'l just start anyway,and there's a few cars will a cliford concept, not the same one tho, that can open my doors [:s]i'd get a toadAi606 (got it on my others never had any problems) tbh. :)

10. mikedub Forum Junkie

where in the country is studwieser ?

11. JAY

Jay Forum Member

croydon.

Just remember peeps, you can have the best alarm in the world, but if it's a bad install job, you'll get problems with it.

Only false alarms i have with mine is when i lost some money from the centre console down, some change landed on the proximity sensor without me knowing it and the alarm kept on going off, now, with the change removed and the sensors on the right settings, no problems

12. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

he did nordorffs!

He;s tinkled with my alarm when i had mine and is truly a top geezer...

Edited by: Funkyfin2000

13. aj_gti Forum Member

hehe im having one fitted by him soon too !

I will then be able to sleep at night

think I may go for the Intelliguard 950 tho

14. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

it is an impossibility for a remote start to start itself unless you have the voltage and temperature monitoring activated it CANNOT start just by standing next to it

i have been fitting cliffords for a VERY long time and to be honest most faults with alarms are usually USER ERROR

as someone stated earlieran alarm is only as good as the person fitting it therefore if it is fitted by an APPROVED fitter then they should put it right at no expense to yourself

i do mobile fitting in the immediate area of colchester down to london and i always offer a full back up service

15. Ben's16v Forum Member

Right, scratch what I said about my alarm before, just found the CofI.
    It's actually the Intelliguard 950. I paid 439 for it on the 21st of October last year.

My glass impact is activated, whereas my proximity is deactivated for parking reasons.

It comes with three sensors as standard, so for the price, perhaps the IG950 is better value.

16. mk3anniversary Forum Member

Don't think thats thatcham approved.

17. mk3anniversary Forum Member

Oh, yes it is.

18. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

the intelliguard IS a CAT1 alarm and is a damn good alarm as for your prox you can adjust the bubble to as big or as small as you want so you do not need to de activate it

19. mk3anniversary Forum Member

I know it is, which is why I corrected myself, or did you not bother to read that bit???

20. Dubya Forum Junkie

I have a Concept 650 on my car, with the proximity sensor thing, which is always going off at people, but that doesn't bother me because it is there to warn people off.

Had it fitted January this year, not had a single false alarm from it.