clifford concept 650 ?

Discussion in 'Security' started by mikedub, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Ben's16v Forum Member

Might have to have a play with my IG950 then - didn't know you can reduce the size of the bubble.
    Can you effectively reduce it so that someone has to be within just an inch or two for it to warn them?

2. mikedub Forum Junkie

well, ive had the clifford concept 650 fitted and i am mighty impressed with it [:D]

when i unarm and start the car, when i drive off and the revs get above 2.5k all the doors lock and stay locked till i turn the ignition off :)

the blue led is very bright - VERY :)

aparently the proximity sensor's sensitivity changes in the first few days ? so he said call back and he will adjust it once it has settled.

also he left the anti hi-jack off while i get used to the other features, he is going to activate it when i go back in a few days

he did a great job on it and even replaced some dodgy old wiring in the drivers door, he was a vsib accredited installer aswell.

this is his company clicky

im more than happy with it tbh, well worth the money, just for the piece of mind that the car is safe.

3. miggs2002 Forum Member

right couldn't be bothered to read all this so it might have been said already but here goes! if you get the remote start DO NOT tell your insurance company is this invalidates the insurance as it is NOT a thatcham approved thing!

4. mikedub Forum Junkie

thanks for the advice mate [:D] :clap:

5. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

intellistart does NOT invalidate your insurance as when it is running the alarm is still active so if someone opened a door the alarm would trigger and the remote start will shut down also if the bonnet was forced it will shut down or if the brake is pressedor handbrake are taken off it shuts down and if they firce the ignition to break the steering lock the alarm will go off thus again shutting the intellistart down

i have been a THATCHAM APPROVEDCLIFFORD fitter for many yearsso it is up to you if listen to a PROFESSIONAL or NOT

Edited by: TROUBLESTARTER

6. mikedub Forum Junkie

thats good news as i want to have the intellistart fitted at a later date, cheers for the info mate :)

7. miggs2002 Forum Member

i was told it invalidates the insurance cos if the car is in gear when you start it then it can jump forward? i could be wrong but it put me off getting one!

8. Red_TN Forum Member

I shall be needing to fit a new alarm soon...the one in mine dates back from 1993 and the key fob has now died [:x]

9. redi

redi Forum Member

I think the alarm won't start the car if it is left in gear for that very reason.

10. TROUBLESTARTER Forum Member

it can start in gear if the fitter has not used the correct wiring sequence and wired it up for automatic mode this means you will never need to program the remote start manually as it will always be active (HIGHLY DANGEROUS!!!)

11. slugmaster100 Forum Member

i paid 300 for my clifford concept 650 with dual prox sensors and remote central locking wired in. i had this done by technicar is sheffield. never had a problem and it seems spot on to me! no false alarms and sensitive enough on the proxi's.

12. MK1Campaign Forum Member

I wouldnt advise having the anti hijacking disabled. This feature saved my old Leon Cupra R when two chavs tried to carjack me.

13. Evolution I.C.E In Delete Queue

The Intelliguard 950 is a fantastic alarm. Like TroubleStarter I am also a Clifford Agent.

BTW. I have read this whole thread with intrest and everything that TroubleStarter has said is right on the button.

14. ollybroad New Member

15. mk28vICED Forum Member

ive got a g5 650 and it seems a damn good alarm.

even if a thief cut the siren off they would no way be able to nick the car.

only false alarms i get is when the battery fails and it sets off the battery backup feature.
    the anti-hijack feature should definatly be enabled. it certainly works, has stopped me several times when i forgot to put the code in. Only last week my M.O.T tester got locked in the car when he set it off.
    the dual zone proximity certainly needs adjusting after a while, mine more than most because i fitted the interior AFTER the alarm.
    i dont worry anymore about it getting stolen, leave it in gear with the handbrake on so it cant be towed away without smashing a window too...