Corrado G60 or Subaru Impreza Turbo

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by PeeJay, Jan 6, 2005.

?

Which should I buy???

1. Corrado

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Subaru

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hayesey Forum Junkie

Corrado G60 anyday over an old Impreza Turbo.

2. MK1Campaign Forum Member

Have a look over on Scoobynet. You will shudder at the running costs and they are just a chav mobile nowadays with a bad reputation

3. Rallye Forum Junkie

Raddo VR

my weapon of choice would be a mk3 VR syncro

4. Admin Guest

coraddo to keep it in the vw family and not a bad car.

the imprezza is a fat old mans car. :lol:

5. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Running costs do scare me to death, but I've had to buy an engine, three gearboxes, 4 clutchs and spent hundreds more on odds and ends for my golf in the last year. and even though Subaru bits cost the earth they are the most reliable cars ever made (or perhaps a close second to Toyota) so I asuming I won't be buying as many. and how much to Corrado bits cost, they ain't cheap. Not to mention it's a second car so I don't need to catch the Train to work if it's off the road.

even though I'm 27 my insurance is 1100 a year for my golf now so a VR6 is out of the question Group 18 or 19 for the storm, the G60 and Subaru are both 17 and will cost about 1000 because my policy is up for review in April and i'm losing a few points and getting my first ever years no claims bonus :)

It really boils down to the better looking, more soulfull Corrdo which I've got a fair idea about mechanicly or the brutaly quick and grippy Jap Chav mobile.

6. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

i hope this can make your mind up...what were you thinking? straying from the dubs!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope this helps

7. AndrewF Forum Addict

just don't get a pre'97 scooby, they weren't renowned for their reliability back then. only from '97 on that they became bomb-proof...providing they are looked after, and you don't mod the engine. always a bad idea on scoobs. actually the '99 is the most reliable frm what i hear.
    thats pretty good quote for the scoob then considering your record.

8. PeeJay Forum Junkie

thats pretty good quote for the scoob then considering your record.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I get around 20-30% because I work in the Same Group as Lombard/Tesco/Direct line insurance, but they don't do imports so it has to be a UK model.

I'm starting to think a Subaru might be a nightmare, I don't think buying the cheapest of any type of Car is a good bet, I mean a bought my valer because it was cheap but spent thousands putting it all right.

a 4-5k Subaru could easily need that much again spent on it to keep it on the road. Anyone know of a nice G60 Corrado for sale?

9. robertnes Forum Member

looking at the foul grey plastic cheap interior of an early subaru would make up mind instantly. [xx(]

Corrado, no competition......

10. AndrewF Forum Addict

yeah, if you've only got upto 5k i think a scoob is just out your reach. you'll get a very nice low mileage 'rado vr6 for that.

i was in the same situation when i bought my golf vr6...scooby was just out of reach. you need at leats 8k to get a good one.

11. Golden Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

No I'm not confused, the Scooby (how could you buy a car named after a stupid cartoon dog) looks like a family saloon that's been Max Powered.

12. lewiscypher Forum Member

havent owend an imprezza but weve had 14 scooby sin the family fromthe days when they first came over, allran to high miles

mechanically if looked after they were bomb proof but bits are very expensive if they do break

they all used to rust to buggery including the last legacy we had wings rotted through, dont know about imprezzas they may be better
    likely to have been abused and an absolute thief magnet, cop freind told me they are the most sought after car for getting nicked

people get mugged on the doorsteps for the keys

been in one as a passenger, point to point with the 4wd traction they are probably as fast as anything incredible performance

ive been tempted but not worth the hassle to me.

13. Andy665 Forum Member

I have recently being looking at Rado VR6's for 5 - 6k - believe me - if the ones I looked at were anything to go by you won't get an immaculate one for that kind of money whereas you will get a fully sorted G60

14. PeeJay Forum Junkie

Its back from the dead! I must have gone changed my mind about 15 times since I started this post/poll.

Thanks again for everyone's input, advice and opinion, I bought a Golf VR6 last week in the end, all the Scoobys I looked at we're poo or imported from a dodgey source but mostly both. And couldn't fine a nice Corrado VR6 for the amount of money I wanted to spend.

I saw a few G60's the standard one's we're painfully slow (most had knackered superchargers) and the moded one's all smoked a lot.

My VR6 ain't perfect, needs some very minor rust sorted on the boot (it pre-dates Galvanisation by 2 months!). It's a red (least favourite colour after white) and a five door, but I love it, I've done 650 miles in a week using 120 worth of super unleaded in the process but my right foot has been well heavy.