Digifiz going rate ?

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Adamss24, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Adamss24 Forum Member

Hi fellow forum members, I am sure the question has been asked before however the search is hit and miss. Been offered a refurbished digifiz cluster with wiring loom adapter, what is the going rate of the. ? I know they are rare…would they work on a diesel with pd swapped engine ? Thanks !

2. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

£700+

3. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

My son would love one of these but they are silly money. I think Sam is being conservative, I haven't seen one for less than 1k, probably more.
    There is a guy on Facebook who refurbs them, they look great.

4. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

They seem to be getting more common. I Don't really see the appeal tbh. I like the round analogue dials.

Savagesam likes this.
  5. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah I was contemplating buying a broken one for testing purposes and that £550, the price varies depends on if its a "rabbit" (as in has a rabbit logo on it) and the RPM. But yeah like Phil says most I've seen are over a grand

6. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Off on a tangent as usual, has anyone seen/done a lcd dash, sort of virtual style?
    Screen and controller seem quite cheap now, I don't have tech brain to work it out, but sure could have a digifiz style lcd dash?

7. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

Like out of a MK7? Type19 and VD engineering were working on it but I'm not sure it went anywhere, was very expensive

dodgy likes this.
  8. dodgy

Yeah saw type 19 were trying, was thinking more like the "Welsh Q" on car sos did, there is a triumph with an lcd screen and still looks traditional dials with extra flashness.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vn1pFl
    Found this other day

9. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

I've tried finding that welsh company on line - seems impossible. They do some great stuff, must be pricey though.

10. dodgy

Difficult to find, narw I think, but minimal info.

11. dodgy

12. Adamss24 Forum Member

Thank you. I dont think it’s worth 1k, the guy actually asked 1500 euro for the cluster- I believe it’s crazy money !! It might look cool but not cool enough to make me cough the dough ! Cheers for answering !

dodgy likes this.
  13. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

also depends whats included. the more original parts the more its worth.

time adjust panel and brackets are the main thing, theres people 3d printing the brackets now and making repro adjuster panels so thats getting easier. looms are almost always hacked up, and since the cluster pins are now NLA (again) its hard to make a nice non-hacked one with the right wire colours. the dash switches are also different as they have no warning lights on them, probably the most rare parts of the kit tbh :lol:

14. Adamss24 Forum Member

Hi folks, back to my never ending saga, as I sat home bedridden with flu over the weekend minding the little one I naturally spent more time online which in effect equals money in the end so I managed to find a digifiz 7k kit at what I believe it’s a decent price. Now I am eagerly waiting for it to come trough and who knows- if not too daunting- attempt to install it on my mk2 diesel ! I will update with pictures soon ! Should plug in more or less into a ce2 install, isn’t it ?? Thanks.

15. Adamss24 Forum Member

02BB6789-8DA2-4DC5-9282-12CB3CBEA7C4.png 47DC52D7-B21B-4783-8D6E-5FD309220AA4.png 2D7A035D-7C24-42B2-A367-10591F2A083B.png
    do i need much more to get it to work ? Thanks ! As rubjohnny mentioned the connectors are hacked up but probably might be able to crop up something with some lengths of wire ! Thanks !

16. rubjonny

what kind of diesel is it? if original MK2 engine the first hurdle is getting the tacho working, you need a W terminal to low amp petrol rev counter adaptor. the other thing is the 7k rev limit is a little optimistic :lol:

the L/km setting wont work as the diesel engine doesnt produce vacuum like a petrol engine does, but the rest of the settings will work ok once you add the sensors. speedo is easy the one in the box there will work and if you need spares mk3 golf 1.8-2.0 except abf and tdi will all work

Adamss24 likes this.
  17. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

That’s an expensive box!

Adamss24 likes this.
  18. Adamss24 Forum Member

Hi, Thanks for taking your time to answer ! It’s a mk3 tdi engine I am thinking to fit in ! The car has the full electrical installation from the donor car…

19. Adamss24 Forum Member

Christmas come early !

20. rubjonny

ok if its a mk3 tdi engine running the tdi ecu then you're sorted as the ecu already puts out a rev counter signal which is compatible with the digifiz cluster, it'll still be too high to suit a diesel at 7k but it'll read correctly. just the l/km consumption setting wont work.

there are guys who can customise the display to convert to mph and change the rev range but thats your call