dj yoda

Discussion in 'Music' started by t_r_d, Jul 18, 2004.

1. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Deltron 3030 rocks also! :thumbup:

2. mk1 ben Forum Member

my brother wasto warm up for dj yoda few months back in the arena down our end
    Edited by: sicko2k

3. farquare Forum Member

Your entitled to your opinion but i know theres no way thet you could repro cut and paste vol 1 with 2 turtables and a mixer you would even be struggling with 2 peeps and 4 tables the sequencing and timing are too much to handle live - its still good tho and im not biting on anyone except peoples with replys like yours be constructive or f**k off.

4. Dr BlueDub Forum Member

well its all done thru a 4-channel mixer, 2 turntables, a cd deck and a sequncer thats how it is done live, most dance music PA's operate in this manner as well, so a track can be sequenced live, i study this for a living so i know how to do it all live and in a studio

5. farquare Forum Member

studying it for a living doesnt carry that much weight with me especially when it comes to music, i study all the cars i see for a living that doesnt mean im an engineer.

6. Dr BlueDub Forum Member

but construction of music is very much different from mechanical engineering and ppl do have there areas of expertise and this is mine
    Edited by: Dr BlueDub

7. t_r_d Forum Member

sorry farquare but a doctor studies medicine for a living, but you
    wouldnt trust him for a diagnosis?

i think this should stop, i'm with dr blue dub on this as i have
    seen this done, to a degree but not as good as yoda, by a
    friend of mine and he's not a pro.

all i said was i thought cut and paste was great!

8. farquare Forum Member

here here a bit of diplomacy never hurt anyone. The doctor maybe studies medicine to be a gp, but the difference between studing musical engineering or say house music production and producing and performing a set like cut and paste is like the diff between getting your gp to perform you mums triple bypass open heart surgery, see where im coming from.
    The best dj's in a hip hop sense dj first then go into production and engineering thats why these guys have so much talent (theres no substitute for experience) just remember that you may have a piece of paper which says you can do something but till you can d it day in and day out then dont be too sure. Dr bluedub im not my last post may have seemed condecending this was not ment to be the case, its just that i grew up and went to school with loads of people who went and done music production at college and said things like i'm a dj or whatever whereas i was self taught and i'm very wary of such claims- especially when 99% of the peeps i knew had no musical talent or ability what so ever. If your sure yoda could do the whole album live to the same standard than thats cool, i however being a competant skratch dj think this is not the case. And thats about it like trd said its a great funny album.