Does no-one listen to "old"music anymore?

Discussion in 'Music' started by TheSecondComing, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

Led Zepellin, and loads of old soul and jazz stuff is what I listen too.
    There's other stuff too, but I cannae remember the names at this time of the night. [:x]

2. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

R & B = [:x] [:x] [:x] [:x] [xxx] [xx(]

In fact, most modern negroid music is shite, which is strange, because a lot of old black music (wide scope, I know) was excellent.:)

3. b'locks Forum Addict

I actually prefer the mk1's looks to the mk3 and nearly traded my mk3 in for a very special one earlier this year! [:D]

Reason I didn't is because everything else about the mk3 proved to be better.

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Smoother, more comfortable, quieter - that's why I bought the Mundano. Not on a par with a VR, but hey, for 500........ Now I need an old Audi 80 estate to carry engines in......

5. Buff mk3 Forum Member

Sh*t, most of my record (yes, vinyl, and I`m no bloody tossy DJ) and CD collection is older stuff.

Led Zep, Neil Young, Beatles, Stones, The band, Hendrix, Bowie, early Aerosmith, The Jam etc etc.

Most modern music (although there is some blindingly good stuff about if you look for it) is either a blatant rip off of what went before or complete and utter sh*te. Take franz ferdinand, what a bunch of talentless w**kers....but at least they play instruments unlike all this dance crap made by pale germans on computers.That`s not even music, it`s f**king software knowledge, made for people chewing their faces off to jump around like retarded monkeys. [:x]

6. Rob.gti Forum Member

Take That were good until Robbie left [:^(]

I'll get me coat :p :lol:

7. Joe16v Forum Member

Johnny Cash, Buzzcocks, Bob Dylan, undertones etc

Some of the best music i listen to is old stuff. Half the stuff that comes out isn't worth a listen.

8. eloquent Forum Member

Doesn't really matter what genre, older music just seems to sound better. I have very little music made after 1990, but plenty before then.

9. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Older music tends to be more "real" than most of the stuff you get these days,not that all new music is bad but most bands/singers from pre-80`s didn`t have the use of computers to enhance the sound they produced and cut their teeth on live gigs.
    I could mention loads of stuff which falls into that category but it all depends on personal taste and the biggest problem I have with anything "new" is the blatant rip-off of older tracks to use ,or mis-use,to be different but sadly not many get away with it IMO.
    You could well say that all music is "ripped-off" in any given era and what is important is what signifies the era in which you enjoyed it.
    Personal taste I guess.

10. eloquent Forum Member

The worst offenders are the new cover versions of old songs, invariably producer-led

11. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

You've been listening to the wrong stuff, B'locks. His newer stuff is crap. But back when he was a proper junkie, the man invented punk. Not just the music, but the show..... rolling around the stage on broken glass until he was "removed" by his manager, playing an entire set with his (admittedly rather large) cock out, fighting with Hell's Angels in the audience (hence why he has big white fake teeth...), shooting up on stage, jumping around like a python with his kacks around his ankles until he falls over on his face and cuts himself all over on the glass on the stage, before being pulled upright by a roadie, straight back to the mike (kacks still down), and a big cheesy grin with a "Pretty fucking suave, Huh?"to the crowd.... :lol:...... I could go on and on.....

12. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Oh yeah, I forgot - Iggy smashing his own lead guitarist unconscious with Iggy's guitar, then picking up the guy's guitar and playing on........ what's a fractured skull between friends? :lol:

13. sportline Forum Junkie

i love doing just that, if you look into tghe roots of music you learn so much and learn which is actually fantastic music and which is ripped off pooe.
    allthough i think theres some excellent music around today, its all outthere in the past, bands just pick there genre and dont really make "new music".
    back in the day of eric clapton, the band, and the like they were making new music trying different styles and shocking people at the same time. ray charles is another one who paved the way in black music taking gospel to the club scene.
    i'm very interested in the history of balck music. i find sam cooke incredible.

whoever says old music sucks is an idiot.

funnily enough ive just been downloading some more of the band. "it makes no difference" from the last waltz is my favorite.

14. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Good mix of Johnny Cash and Hendrix on My MP3 player.
    Helps make the shifts go quicker.

15. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

i love old music...

big fan of...

The Who
    Yes
    Emerson lake and Palmer
    King Crimson
    Genesis (early stuff up to around 1976 - Trick Of The Tail era)
    Joy Division
    Pink Floyd[:D]
    Led Zeppelin
    Dream Theater
    Bob Marley
    Neil Young
    Jethro Tull
    The Eagles
    Bob Dylan
    Frank Zappa
    Rollin Stones
    The Clash