DVLA Engine swap notification

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by MK1-Tron, Nov 12, 2010.

1. alex. New Member

ohhh [8(]

so to try and clarify, once ive done the swap i should take it to my local garage/mot and get a written engineers report jobby off them and that should be sufficient with the engine number?

reason i ask is i bought the engine off a forum and ive not no kind of receipt unfortunately [:^(]

2. Spindle New Member

When I did my 20vt conversion in the Mk1 about five years ago I simply sent off the v5 with the new engine number and size. as it was already a 1.8 all they changed was the engine number...

Now for the past two years I have been building a project car Lupo that was a 1.4 16v petrol but I have fitted a 1.4 TDI engine from another Lupo. it uses all the same mounts and is the same cc but obviously will be registered as a different engine number and 'heavy fuel'. I expect I will have to try to get all the new info as some people have listed above but the problem is I brought the Tdi as a write off and fitted it all myself... Hopefully I won't come into problems when it comes to registering it!

3. robvdub1 New Member

hi there
    try calling your local motor factors and give them the reg no to see if they'll give you the engine number,
    any problems and give me the reg number of the 16v and i'll see if i can sorce it
    rob

4. MK1-Tron

MK1-Tron Forum Member

Don't think your PM's are set up yet, Il PM you the 16V Reg later. Thanks :thumbup: