Egr fault code mapping out

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by gunit-84, Mar 14, 2012.

1. gunit-84 Forum Member

Hahaha I wish! Back on again now...does anybody know which bits in vag com need altering? I'm thinking of buying it and having ago myself but unsure how I alter blocks in vag com?

2. TDI28 New Member

If you go down the remap route you will most possably need a full remap unless the people going it can read the ecu using BDM. Most proffesional tuners remove the seed key so the ecu can't be read by OBD.

3. m1keh Forum Member

It's a fabia vrs, it will have an edc15 and it can't be BDM'd....

4. bazmcc Forum Member

Has anyone actually asked what year this car is?

The EDC15 ecu shouldn't put a light on at all. So basically mk1 fabia vrs models don't need to be modified. Finding out the reason for your MIL would be a good start. It's more likely to be a vac fault. Make sure all the pipes are good and the vac valves are working properly. I've seen dozens of egr deletes fitted to fabias, mk4 golfs, boras etc and never seen a fault light. You have 3 valves within the box on the strut tower. The N75, which is your boost control valve for the vnt actuator, and then the other 2 are controlling the egr system. You can wire everything up seperately using mk4 golf parts and eliminate 2 of the valve completely. There's a good thread on it ok ukmkivs.

You can't alter the tolerance on a PD with VCDS.

5. gunit-84 Forum Member

thanks for the last few replies :thumbup:

your right in saying i have two spare vac pipes left over now. some people suggest leaving them but others say block them off? il have a read thro the thread you suggested if i can find it

6. bazmcc Forum Member

They need to be blocked off.

7. gunit-84 Forum Member

well i blocked them off today and cleared the fault with vagcom...did about 4 miles and its back on! [:x]

at least its running as it should with the vacuums blocked off :thumbup:

8. bazmcc Forum Member

What version of VRS have you got? Which ECU is it?

And what was the exact fault showing?

9. m1keh Forum Member

EDC15 can flag up the fault code for EGR being blanked.

Earlier MK4's were on msa15.7 which definitely couldnt show up a fault code, this ecu looks similar to an edc15 from the outside but is different.... It might also be that some early edc15 cars didnt have very good egr fault detection either.

10. gunit-84 Forum Member

hi again, the engine code is ASZ 1.9pd and is a 54 plate if that helps. really not sure what ecu it runs tho. can find out for later if needed?

it shows the code for EGR and says...EGR levels out of range.