ex awesome mk2 vr6 turbo

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by mk1., Jan 10, 2007.

1. mk1. Forum Junkie

2. jt18 Forum Member

id love to get my hands on that setup...........how much it go for?

3. sixpot Forum Member

It was owned by my mate Ian up until the time of the accident. Out of interest which auction was it at?

4. mk1. Forum Junkie

HBC in Middlesbrough,been told it went for 1850+vat,reserve price was only 100,wonder why the owner never kept salvage rights?

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

any idea what happened to it?

6. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

very heavy rear end shunt I heard.
    damn shame, i bet Ian is fuming.

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

looked like a really nice car

8. mk1. Forum Junkie

yep and light front[:s] ,was spares only so you needed a breakers licence to bid

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

was it made clear on any golf sites? surely someone would have brought it for the hell of it

10. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Could well turn up at Veedubs in Newcastle then.

11. damogti Forum Junkie

Bet it was a cat B so it would have been only available to someone with a vehicle dismantler licence from the Environment Agency. I have an account to bid on HBC but never see that because i cant bid on the cat B's sadly.....

12. This car belongs to my boyfriend Ian and to be honest we are a little ****ed off at seeing this as the car should not have been sold yet as Ian has still not been paid out for it.The insurance company will be recieving a phone call in the morning lol.How can they sell it when it still belongs to us?????Has anybody got more details????

13. mk1. Forum Junkie

heres the contact details for the m/bro branch if it helps,they do have a history of boching sales up that should not of been sold and other things[:s]
    Teesside
    Manager: Martin Horsfield
    Haverton Hill Road
    Billingham
    Cleveland TS23 1PY
    Phone: 01642 565 642
    Fax: 01642 561 277
    Email: teesside@hbc.co.uk

14. Cheers for that mate .....roll on 9 o'clock

15. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

the cheeky beggars!

first thing I thought when I heard about it was "why isn't Ian just buying the salvage back and reshelling it?"

hope you get it back.

16. gary wigg

gary wigg Forum Member

im luvin that

17. mk1 ben Forum Member

or yea excuse me sir we sold you a car we shouldnt have because its worth about 20k to the owner

can we have it back please

arr sorry i picked the car up and broke it straight away the shells been crushed and the parts have been sold as seen

sorry mr car owner you wont see your car no more coz your insurance company ****ED UP

18. Nev93

Nev93 Forum Member

Insurance companies have a habit of selling cars (as salvage) to recover any loses they have gained by recovering it. If they have accepted the claim then the title of the veicle passes to them..

Insurance companies always sell cars quickly.... takes them a little longer to send out the money though!!!!!1 [:x]

If it is sold as salvage then you need a breakers licence to buy it. Even though its sold at a 'public auction' !!! Unless the owner had one.. if so then its a damn shame!!!!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  19. mk1 ben Forum Member

u get the option to buy the car back only if it is repairable

so as it is spares only you dont own the car no more because it is unsafe for repair and you dont have a salvage license so your not allowed the vehicle returned to you

20. mk1. Forum Junkie

any update?:)