F**king Bus Drivers, Update, wifes Jetta has now been hit, ARGHHHHHH

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by JettaTDi, Aug 28, 2007.

1. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Some of you will think this is ironic, but today a Western Stagecoach Bus decided to re-arrange the drivers side of the Golf, with the front o/s wing caved in, the rear offside wing scraped down to the metal, the front bumper scraped, and the door mirror cracked, and one f*cked alloy wheel.

I was driving through one of the local housing estates, when going round a left hand bend, when I saw a single decker bus coming in the opposite direction on my side of the road, no reason for this other than him cutting the corner.

At the last minute he decided to attempt to pull back to his side of the road, but hit the front offside bumper and wing, but any normal person would then stop at that but no, he f**king then tried to squeeze further past me, where he hit the wing mirror and my back wheel arch.

To say I was f**ked off was an understatement, he then didn't even get out his bus, I then phoned the wife, where the bus driver sheepishly appeared and asked me if I was OK, he then apologised for running into me. The wife hearing the full conversation.

I then got out where he came straight out with the comment, I take this is a 50/50 bump, we'll just move the vehicles and swap details.

I basically told him to go and take a running jump ( polite version), as his bus was a good 5 feet into my lane, and I had the Golf parked up against the kerb.

Police were called where they backed up my version of events, the guy even refused to speak to me.

Now going to go down to the next town to get an estimate on the damage.

I'm mightly p*ssed of at present.

This shows you where I stopped next to the kerb, and you can just make out the centre line, which he is well over.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one shows the dry marks where the bus stopped where you can see it's on my side of the road.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  2. Aphex Forum Junkie

The cheek of some people is just astounding. Hope you get every penny you deserve buddy :thumbup:

3. Davster Forum Member

Feeling for you mate, i can understand how annoyed you are as it was unavoidable on your part. You've got some good pictures though to back you up on the claim

4. Antichav Forum Member

Quite refreshing to see you didn't abuse your position too! I know of at least one occasion where this has not been the case in my area..

But on that note, what a shame, I'd be sooo gutted, hope it's not to long before it's all sorted mate, that guy was quite clearly in the wrong.. and unless I'm very much mistaken those busses have onboard cameras do they not?

he he, just noticed what's on the back of the bus... you've been well and truely Bible bashed!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  5. Admin Guest

Wow, you can really see how much he's over by those dry patches too.

I hate lazy drivers. Hope he gets a severe reprimand.

6. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Thats bad. I'd be so angry if that was me not that it would get you anywhere. Can't belive how far over he was looking at the pic.

7. Bobby_T_16v Forum Member

a 50/50 bump, i hope you explained what you job was and he better take full responsibility. It is no the case if a driver of a bus has an accident then they lose their licence to drive buses ? ? ?

8. Mk2gti8v Forum Member

good old police will sort it out for you.

9. andy198712 Forum Member

some bus drivers deserve to be smacked into just to teach them a lesson!

you can see theres a good metre maybe two away from the cerb his side!! 50/50 my scrote!

sock it to him!

10. Supercharged Forum Member

LOL - Annoying but I don't think he has a leg to stand on with those pics... nobber!

There are loads of Polish bus drivers in Suffolk at the moment - seriously suprised no one has been killed yet...

11. paulyb Forum Member

He has definately cut the corner there, excellent evidence dunter, most people don't have the presence of mind to do that after an accident and therfore get screwed over by the other party[:x]

Hope you get it sorted in your favour asap. paul.

12. Jonny777 Forum Member

Get him spanked for the damage!

Thats just darn lazy though. Tit.

13. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Still haven't calmed down yet, when I took out my insurance, I added upgraded hire car cover and legal cover, my insurance companies lawyers have already been on the phone.

14. dozzy1989 Forum Member

unlucky mate... feel for ya!

what a funkin prick!

15. Supercharged Forum Member

Also can't believe he tried it on - it will be on a company insurance etc so nothing to him unless he's had a few accidents!

Well worth carrying a camera / phone for these situations - again well done!

Also be very fussy about getting it sorted and done right - the only rust I have ever seen on the body of a mk4 was on a rear arch after a dodgy repair by an 'accident repair centre'

16. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Just to make the week even worse, some idiot who can't drive has just tried to park her car next to my wifes Jetta, and caved in the front drivers side wing.

The dozy ***** then went to drive away, fortunately 2 cops seen it happening, and stopped her before she drove off.

GRRRRR this week surely can't get any worse.

17. Jonny777 Forum Member

Thats pretty sh**y :(

If its any consolation i feel your pain. My car got keyed down to base paint down the passenger side twice, all the way down, on every panel.

At least in both cases you can claim of the other party :)

18. paulyb Forum Member

Don't want to write bad luck comes in three's;) only joking, dunter[:D]

19. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

I was thinking that but didn't like to say it. [:D] Keep smiling its not the end of the world.

20. mk1steve Forum Member

i hit a stagecoach bus as he didnt look upon entering a round about to give way to me, it should be clear cut but they are blaiming me completly.

lol good luck getting anyhing as it still be 9 months now for me :(