Factory Mk 1 Oettinger 16 valve

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Richy B, Aug 16, 2004.

1. greg s Forum Member

I didn't even know RHD ones existed. How come someone in Germany
    wanted it in RHD?

2. Ian D Forum Member

My scirocco was the same, was bought in Germany in 1985 as a right hand drive where it stayed for the next 10 years as it was owned by 2 different English guys who were stationed there in the RAF.
    Could be a similar thing going on, with a forces related purchase?

3. Richy B New Member

That Lhasa green Golf is a little cracker, looks very like the Original GTI Engineering RE2000 Test Vehicle (reg GTI 00). Mine has the same grill but has a different Zender bodykit. I'm pleased I bought a set of Zender Turbo's. The 1600cc 16s in France had the 14" ATS Cups, but the German version in higher capacity had the option of the 15". It was a British lady who purchased the vehicle in Germany and imported it back to the UK the same year. There is a mass of history, I have all the log books etc and even the first insurance certificate in Germany. Do you still own the Oettinger Scirocco?

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

5. Richy B New Member

Does anybody have an idea which distributor cap my Oettinger uses? The plug leads plug in at 90 degrees, due to the head. It is not a VW cap, I think they it might be Fiat. There is not a part number on the dizzy cap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

7. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

It's not a Pug dizzy cap is it? I believe some people use these on Mk1's when converting to 16v engines for clearance reasons? I think the Pug 405 is the one to go for but can't be sure.

If there is a part number on the existing cap try putting it in google, it's amazing what it finds! :)

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

Nice Motor.... ask Halfords what dizzy cap it should have
    :lol:[:D] :lol: [:D] :lol: [:D] :lol: [:D] :lol: [:D] :lol: [:D] :lol: [:D] :lol: [:D] :lol: [:D]
    Edited by: mikehorsb