Feeling depressed again :-(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PhatVR6, May 10, 2007.

1. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Pressure at work building up. Boss being unrealistic with schedules again (i.e. there isn't any, he just wants everything doing).

Missus doing my head in.

Can't seem to sell anything (cars, parts etc etc)

Dont' think I'll get my bike done in time for TT so might have to cancel it (and lose 180)

41 days of hassle trying to get my phone fixed. Must ring them every other day to complain about the latest debacle.

Got no money, and massively overdrawn at the mo.

Lost interest in the cars. Packed in the CGTI region.

Generally feeling like complete crap. had a headache all week.

Now I'm noticing the feelings more I feel I should be able to do something about it. But I can't. I'm finding myself wanting to moan and rant at everything on the forums. Calling people's cars/hobbies or anything crap. Having to bite my lip to not say things. Generally being a proper arsey c*nt with everyone at work.

Tried the vitamins and fish oils. They don't seem to be working for me this time.
    :-(

2. G-Man Forum Junkie

St John's wort? Heard thats a good one when feeling down as i've had a few stressed/troubled periods :)

I'm a grumpy b@stard at the moment.

Hang in there!

3. AndrewF Forum Addict

I used to get fed up about everything, now i rarely do....the reason....i decided it wasn't worth it, so forced myself not to feel like that. I'm much stronger mentally now as well, it's good.

On the other hand you could just chuck everything in and start again with new hobbies and jobs and missus!

4. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Ever thought about suicide? Only joking...

Get yer missus knocked up, it will be a new adventure in life.
    (and give me some R32 parts you tight ****)

5. Admin Guest

feeling the same way,

walked out of work on tuesday, returned on thursday, can't say i really care, but i know i have to sit it out till i find something else

6. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Jon - It's nice to see you "Friday" posts but the content does suggest you really aren't too happy at work (extreme relief that it's the weekend). What a pain.
    Take me years and years to find the right job.

Phat - Probably the last thing you want to do but get out and about and do a cycle or a run - The endorphins released will help.

7. Seraph Banned

1 is prob causing 2 and 3, or perhaps they're all interacting together.

8. pigbladder Forum Addict

[​IMG]

job done :o i can lend you some money for the rope if you like

9. Admin Guest

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

i.e Go change something.

Your job is where you spent most of your time and therefore has the biggest impact on your life. I'd suggest looking at that first.

10. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Phat - Three uncles of mine (two now dead) suffered from depression, one committed suicide, one died of natural causes, the other is still hanging in there.
    Also got a cousin who had a major episode and is now on serious drugs (legal) to try and control it.

I'd take Elucidate's advice and change something fast - proper depression is pretty awful and seems to go out of control very quickly - have you seen a doctor at all?
    Might need more than just vitamins and fish oil.

11. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

some great advice in this thread.

ive been prone to ups and downs for years. i think i had depressive issues from Nov '06 until about April 07.

i think the main issue for me was work. the car kept me sane, i didnt lose interest in that. i tried the vitamins etc (that helped a fair bit), getting a proper amount of sleep helped too.

ive had loads of jobs, but my one in brum was probably the only one ive really hated and that was getting me down.

as has been said by seraph and elucidate, an issue is causing the other symptoms. if you change nothing, you stay in the vicious circle, hence YOU have to change something (as elicudate said).

get out there, chin up and open your eyes and really look at what can be changed. by the sounds of it you may have exhausted retail therapy already as well as the car hobby.

maybe you need to make some sort of stand at work to enable you to get the TT thing resolved (i know saying it is easier than doing it) but you have to try.

good luck.

12. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

keep yer chin up mate. it can get on top sometimes and when it does it can be a proper phukker.

i was in a bad way a few years back and found that jogging ( which i hated) was a good way for me to burn off feelings of anger,sadness,depression and get an endorphin rush( which makes u feel better). running round the park is better coz u can take in the view, birds,trees nature ****e.

if you are having trouble sleepin get down the docs and get him to give you some sleeping tablets. getting a good nights sleep can help but be careful they can sneak up on you in terms of addictiveness. avoid anti depressants they just mong u out.
    nothing lasts forever.. and this run of bad luck will end for you.
    just dont get too down.

regards work, would it be worth asking to talk to your boss and telling him work is getting to you a bit, im sure (unless he's a proper kunte) that he would rather try to sort it than have you off work for a few months with stress related illness. if all else fails remember you can ALWAYS get another job.

i took a 6 grand pay cut to start my current job, but im happier now. the people at my last place of work were a load of pricks and it ground me down.

ask the mrs if you can talk to her away from all your day 2 day ****. talk it through with her. ask her to listen and not jump to conclusions.

these times are a blessing in a funny sort of way bcoz it makes you realise that there are people/mates who are really really there for you that you wouldnt have thought would be so supportive.

13. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

and if the car is getting you down (VR6?) then you could always swap it for an 8v ;). so much simpler (dont u no dont u no).
    sometimes it a state of mind, its easier to be negative but harder to be positive.
    try and find something to be positve about.
    life may be pants but you aint sat on the street begging for smak.

14. Admin Guest

don't worry the friday thread will be full of joy[:D] it is afterall the weekend

i'm using this thread to off load the crap.

just thinking where did it all go wrong? seem to have got stuck in the same rut now for a good year, one thing goes well something else goes wrong.

i know i've got to find a new job, i have three months left in the UK before i go away, so as long as i'm earning money to fund that i'm not to fussed, trying to do a proper job where i am currently is just not possible, the company is to far down the pan to get its head above water. which has a knock on effect to the efectiveness of my work:o [:s]

seeing as a job is where you spend most if not all of your time it should be a enjoyable experience.

15. Ramblin Forum Member

throw a wobbly in work last week also n stormed out. went back in on friday but have been off all this week. Doc signed me off with depression. I wont be going into details of what caused it but it is something which has troubled me for a very long time.

Phats if yer on msn pm me and the 2 of us can chat if ye want.

16. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Bloody hell - that'll teach me to moan about anything!

17. AndrewF Forum Addict

First prob there surely? You're looking backwards not forwards

18. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

You always seem a happy chap when we meet.

You just crack me up, you should come and live with me:hug: We'll put a NOZ tap in the kitchen:thumbup:

19. Nordoff Forum Junkie

I'd say look at changing attitudes not jobs.
    the hobbies and people you care about are the same, it's just your attitude towards them that's changed.

20. Ramblin Forum Member

when your down it's pretty hard to get up again. all the talking in the world sometimes doesn't even help if you ask me.

been there and got the T shirt