German Plates?

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by MattW, May 7, 2006.

1. Martin_Hill_1989 Forum Member

a car after 2001 had to meet the plate regulations as that i work in an mot station and my boss has tried to fail cars and he go ****ed for it lol as that the cars where older than 2001 and did not have british stand number or address where they where named but if u wanted 2 be picky you could stick a sticker saying you post code so look like made at a shop lol

2. t'mill Forum Member

I took my car to my mot station last week and he said the DVLA have dropped the having to have the garage name etc on the plate. And he said he would pass my German style plates now they have dropped it.

I also got pulled over by the motorway police (Lancashire) for my plates. He was going down the fine issuing route but was happy not do so as long as i fitted the normal plates i had in the boot by the roadside.

3. oldskooldub Forum Member

The rules for testing a vehicle for the MOT test and the law as the police inforce it are different. As I remember one is construction and use regs and the other is the road traffic act. How stupid is this Your vehicle could pass the mot and not be legally used on a public road. [:s]

4. WillG

WillG Forum Member

got pulled for my plates today, got a warning because i said i had my old plates in the boot (i do, but he didnt bother looking).

he said there were 4 things wrong with it:

1) the font = wrong
    2) no BS (british standard marking) = wrong
    3) pressed metal, ie. doesnt reflect = wrong
    4) no manufacturer name+number = wrong

they said that it makes the car much harder to find if stolen as automatic number plate recognition cameras cant read it. HA so speed cameras can't he means!

5. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

they metal plates do reflect so long as they arent the really cheap nasty ones..