Golf Mk2 20vt

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by jshep73, May 22, 2019.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah you need to modify the mk4 pump sender before it will work on mk1/2/3 dash otherwise it reads backwards, if you've done that check you have an earth to G1/5 as depending on where you got the rear wiring loom from it can supply earth to the sender. to test this short the middle pins on pump plug and gauge should go to full. if not, short the purple/black to the thicker brown main pump earth see if that does anything

2. jshep73 Forum Member

Thanks RJ
    Good timing - I ran out of fuel at the weekend!
    I will take the pump out soon and do some checks

3. jshep73 Forum Member

Finally finished rebuilding my BBS RMs and fitting them at the weekend.

Barrels have been powder coated chrome, new aluminium lips 1.5” front and 2” rear, new polished bolts, new genuine BBS valves, centres cleaned up and sealed with black RTV. Applied some Poorboys sealant and hopefully that's it for now...

Photos don’t do them justice really, they look stunning in the flesh

bbs3.jpg

bbs1.jpg

bbs6.jpg
    bbs4.jpg

bbs5.jpg

bbs2.jpg

4. daNpy Forum Member

That's a stunning set of wheels!

jshep73 likes this.
  5. jshep73 Forum Member

Last year I got hold of some G60 calipers and carriers and had Bigg Red rebuild and powder coat them. Sort of forgot about them over the winter but came across them in their box a few weeks back so ordered some EBC discs and red stuff pads and some red HEL lines.

This was the last job I can remember where everything went as it should! No seized or snapped bolts etc. Took less than 1 hour each side! Bled the brakes with some fresh fluid and went for spin. The pads bedding in quick and I am very impressed with the stopping power.

Plus they look great!

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

I have managed to get to a few shows this year and none better than Bug Jam at Santa Pod. Unbelieve amount of quality vans/cars!

Cheers all

erreesse, daNpy and dodgy like this.
  6. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Single skin panel not fit for jacking imho too. I haven't put the dimples on after replacing my corner panels as there's no support above.

On topic that's a lovely Mk2!.

jshep73 likes this.