got the sportline set up on 40’s

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by velly_16v_cab, Nov 3, 2003.

1. rajmirch Forum Member

cant wait mate!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!!;)

2. The Mann Forum Member

ALright guys. IM looking to run a 2ltr 16 valve on twin 45s...what sort of power figures can I be looking at? IM wondering how often carbs need to be tuned/setup as well and if they suffer from not running for a week or so. What I mean is, i may only be taking my car out once a week say, and was wondering if this would affect them going out of tuen not running. How much should I be looking to pick up twin weber 45s for?

3. oettinger rich New Member

Hi vel getting back to the power figegrant put it on the rollers, his rollers so he says are 15 bhp down on every body else's because his are spot on he knows that because thers a guy in bristol that builds dragster engines and he's got a half a million pounds worth of rollers and his are within 2bhp of his. anyway the car was down on what it should be about 165 tuned the car and he gained 15bhp playing with fuel changed plugs ,leads what a differance mid range is awesome its about 180bhp now it's having a new tailgate,bumper,single wiper ,new paint. Hope i can find some zender turbos,let me know when you have your club meets see soonrich

4. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

nice figures rich, give me a bell...we need to chat 07980925667 ;)

The mann, i would say over 180 as long as u have a good head and cams, check out e-bay for a set of second hand 45's, otherwise u'll b looking at about 500 smackers!!!

5. mk1 ben Forum Member

i paid 225 for mine with everything apart from filters

6. velly_16v_cab

thats cheap! :o

7. The Mann Forum Member

Cool. Was that off of ebay sicko? How can you tell they will be ok and wont need refurbing? What sort of questions/signs do you need to look for. Have to get me some I think! Although im quite tempted to run standard injection going by the figure i see GVK's mate "barny" got in the recent rolling road day. Was about 190bhp Im sure I read with just cam and head work i think IIRC.

8. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

Vely the car sounded, and went Awesome :) although i still think my driver would kick your ass ;)

9. prof Forum Addict

yeah Barneys car is 2.0l ABF 276 shrick cams and ported head,

K-jet is pretty flexible and can be tuned to 200bhp+

however it isn't as good as a fully mapped system, like the mk3 16vs, max power can be as good with k-jet but drivebility won't be as good as the fully mapped. k-jet is better than carbs for driveabilty and accuracy of fuelling

10. velly_16v_cab

the car is now running better mark,no more spluttering at 4th and 5th (even is i did get done by that bloody nova LOL)

Sicko, didnt u have you 45's off mk1???

the best thing about carbs....the noise!!!!!!!