Gym Workouts.??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Nev93, Feb 26, 2007.

1. bula_82 Forum Junkie

For me its not about how the animal was treated, its more the thought of how the meat is treated after its been killed and just the thought that it was once alive puts me off...

Dont worry, im not into lecturing etc, I know that animals are there to be eaten and I fully appreciate that, eat what you want makes no difference to me, by me not eating meat, theres more for you all :lol: ;)

2. pRot3us Forum Junkie

carrots, potatoes, beans used to be alive too you know ;)

Onion murderer [:x] [:^(]

3. bula_82 Forum Junkie

[8(] :lol: :lol:

Apparently tomatoes scream when you cut into them too, poor tomatoes :lol: ;)

4. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Didn't you get me pm about weighted punching?;)

Gone back to free weights for the first time in a long while and it's great how you can measure muscle imbalance by how much more burst blood vessels there are in one shoulder than the other.[:$]

5. Seraph Banned

you mean limit your calorie intake!!!

but your suggestion, i can get away with eating protein and fat rich sources all day sat at my desk.......i think not!!

6. Nordoff Forum Junkie

You can get away with eating protein all day because your body converts any unused to nitrogen and you p*** out the excess however your body uses calcium in this process so you should eat hard cheddar to compensate which ironically is high in protein.
    However, it's much easier to eat fibre that digests slowly and fills you up for a long time as it isn't processed and just goes straight through.
    Like the saying goes, an apple a day.

7. dubDREAD

dubDREAD Forum Member

calm down luv:lol: , yes i mean calorie , :clap: :clap:

8. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Well I'm about top have a cup of tea and some nice homemade (by wife) cake.

Will probably put on three stone in blubber, die of three heart attacks, get cancer, suffer from a number of allergies then explode.

9. prof Forum Addict

any excess calories will be stored/converted into muscle depending on the previous 24 hrs activity

even protein will be converted to an energy source if there are few carbs about

However the insulin response will be different, between a fat and protein rich meal and a simple carb meal, so not all calories are created equal

Most people in the uk eat too many simple carbs anyway, so the carb reducing and protein promoting diets tend to work wonders.

The calcium, protein digestion question can be solved by adding loads of veggies and fruit to alter your acid balance.

10. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Prof - I can imagine that eating out with you could be a rather stressful experience.
    There is such a thing as TOO much knowledge on the generally fun subject of eating!

11. prof Forum Addict

" oh! your not eating that are you!"

although i've mostly been living on horse, chips and beer for the weekend :thumbup:

12. scottgroovez Forum Member

Can someone comment on my diet and exercise?

Typical day.

Breakfast: Jordan's Super Foods porridge (has almonds, cranberries and blueberries in it) & a green tea.

Snack: Almonds and Raisin mix to get me through to lunch.

Lunch: Tortilla wrap, with chicken, spinach, salsa and red chillis. I have one, but if I'm going to the gym I'll have another 1.5 hours before hand.

Dinner: Varies: I have tuna steaks and salad. An omellete with spinach and chillis. Chicken, peppers and rice in a fajita sauce. Spicy beef and noodles.

Throughout the day I'll have 5-6 cups of green tea.

Exercise:

Dumbell flys. I do this lieing on a bench, would the swiss ball be better?
    Dumbell curls.
    Dumbell shoulder press.
    Dumbell lateral raises.
    Flys on the machine.
    Lateral pulldown.
    Assisted chin-ups. (for the time being ;))

I also do a circuit class once a week.

I try and go running for 40 minutes 2-3 times a week.

My aims aren't to be massive, but just have a good shape especially up top.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  13. prof Forum Addict

ok please go read the link to the berardi PDF you will learn more than i have time to write here

Every meal should have protein, weigh yourself, work it out in pounds and make sure you have 1gram of protein per pound that you weigh, spread out over the day

your workout has no leg work, Legs are the most important part

please read this about program design

Or just go try the beginners routine i posted above

14. b'locks Forum Addict

this is a good idea

some comments and suggestions for improvement please prof
    i'm slightly too chubby around my stomach but nothing too bad, rest of body is great, so just trying to tone up and maybe build some muscle.

my typical day:

breakfast
    suga puffs ([:$] ), a banana, and a glass of fruit juice + 1800mg epa/dha

*20mins cycle to work, partially uphill*

midmorning snack (to keep the metabolism stoked)
    this varies but today i had some sort of nut/fruit/choco bar (thinking about eating nuts/fruit as snacks?)

*30 mins intensive swim* (almost every day...30 lengths - 15 lengths crawl + 15 lengths breast stroke)

lunch
    some sort of chicken/pasta with a yoghurt type thing and a multivitamin drink

midafternoon snack
    again this varies atm but thinking of nuts/fruit??

*20mins cycle home, partially uphill*

*weights at home* (every other day)
    variety of stuff with dumbells, takes about an hour to do whole routine, plus pressups and crunches

dinner
    chicken, pasta, fish, lean mince, eggs, peas, new potatoes, glass of semi skimmed milk..that kind of stuff

i'm thinking about having a protein drink with breakfast as i simply don't have time to start cooking stuff?

15. b'locks Forum Addict

btw i'm not expecting you to write an essay of advice, just a few straightforward suggestions or tips. [:$] [:*:]

16. prof Forum Addict

cook stuff the night before, the old George Forby grill is useful for this

at brekkie i normally have steak or eggs, chuck them in the pan on low, in shower, dried dressed etc, then eat,

or making up tortilla wraps etc the night before is easy, or a packed lunch box full oif diced chicken/meat and veggies can be munched on through the day

to actually lose the lard, you need to up your exercise or mildly cut back on calories. Losing the pasta will be a big step in the right direction

17. b'locks Forum Addict

cheers prof, you're a star mate [:^:]

18. prof Forum Addict

19. TurbTech Forum Junkie

Or if you really like pasta then change to wholemeal pasta. Unlike brown rice in comparison to white rice, it hardly varies in taste or texture and is a more complex/slower absorbing source of carbs.

Something i've started doing (as i'm in a van all day) is to take a big tub of blended oats and a tub of protein to work. I mix about 60g of oats to 30g of protein, add skimmed milk/water, shake up and you've got a quick, easy and readilly avaliable source of complex carbs and protein :)

20. dubDREAD

dubDREAD Forum Member

i am back to squats in my work outs now , overheads mainly forgotten how hard it is , i have been a cross-train monkey for the last month ,
    trouble is the heavyest bar is only 35kg ,

also gone back to 3days on one day off

gggrrr!