heel toe

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Boris, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Guests Banned

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

3. Guests Banned

4. Keith R Forum Member

That's the radical video I was referring to, GVK. That's a classic example of a closely spaced layout and 'rolling' the foot over. Much quicker to execute, no doubt made easier by what sounded like a sequential.

I couldn't do that in my golf as when my foot is hard on the brake, it has sunk well belowthrottle pedallevel, so I physically have to bring my heel up, as if I was standing on tip toes, pivot on my toes already hard on the brakeand slam my heel down on whatever part of the throttle pedal assembly is there!

5. GVK

That's the only problem with trying to H+T in a Golf, they always seem to have too much brake pedal travel. [xx(]

6. barny Forum Member

There was a truly awesome vid on the bookatrack site featuring a young aussie/zealander (hyla breeze ??) at leman in an elise, demoing what thse little cars can do to its owner. They had set up two cameras to show incar out the windscreen and the other on his feet.

Full lap was stunning to watch and his death defying evasive move to avoid hitting a stranded car on the racing line in the chicane area was mind blowing!

7. barny Forum Member

Interestingly i deleted my pics from pic trail last night of how i h+t !

8. Guests Banned

yup got the same problem here.

reason for me learning left foot braking because i can reach that and the clutch together no problem
    Edited by: RECARDO

9. Neil G40 Forum Member

The polo's probably even worse than a golf, the pedals in the passat seem to be about right but seeing as its a slow revving diesel I haven't even bothered trying, as I said in a previous topic the best car for it that I've driven was a saloon shape rover 200 and look what happened to them :lol:

10. AndrewF Forum Addict

the prob i find when attempting it that way is its very easy to release the brake a fraction as you blip it.

thats the prob on most road cars i think....but ironically, my mkII has a really firm brake pedal with little travel and you can do it the 'traditional' way fine! prob is it needs new rear calipers but i don't wanna risk not getting the pedal back the same! :lol:

11. GVK

Yep, remember that :thumbup:

12. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

yay... thats the man.. :thumbup:

13. Keith R Forum Member

I sort of want to get a second camera in the Golfto point at my feet now! A professional racing driver's feet are always relaxed and precise. Just watch the Radical vid that GVK posted. I bet in the closing stages of my race at donny, where it literally felt I was clinging onto the track with my fingernails, my feet were all over the place, all tensed upand twitchingindecisively[:$]:lol:! I'd be interested to see what my foot action is like and learn from it. I could also post them on here for us all to have a laugh at:lol:!

14. GVK

Keith R aka Micheal Flatley :lol:

15. Keith's Dad! Forum Member

To save Keith doing it, I have posted the Radical Video on Keith's site. Just click on the 'Videos' button and it is the last one on the list.

http://www.keith.grone.co.uk

16. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

I'm sorry Gary - but Walter Rohrl already takes that honour for some of his audi videos...

(mind you - when i was about 13 i asked dad what doube de-clutching and *heel* and toe meant - he showed me in the droopsnoot and i just kinda stared blankly....)

Edited because of the freudian slip!
    Edited by: dexteruk

17. GVK

That's when your head hits the windscreen on your first few attempts :lol:

18. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

A friend of mine uses left foot braking in his van to stop it going into the scenery when driving at a franctic pace! LOL!!

It quite funny to watch!

19. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

wish my dbw ibiza would let me do it. pesky gizmo cars.

{edit:} just downloaded that Michael Vergers Radical vid.. his driving heel and toe is exactly like mine by the looks of it. Apart from he slightly flared the clutch on up changes and I just lifted the throttle slightly on upshifts. :)
    Edited by: badger-bill

20. smithy Forum Member

lol, i've just been arsing about at lunchtime trying this, almost got the hang of it.... not that its going to help me much on the road though :lol: