heel toe

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Boris, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Boris Forum Member

Driving to work is proving to be more fun now :lol:

Think I'm gonna end up mashing third gear, that seems to be the most difficult for me. Still haven't successfully managed a smooth change, doesn't help when my rev counter isn't working though.

Cheers for all the advice guys, keep it coming. :clap:

2. AndrewF Forum Addict

can i suggest not practicing it at first when there's anything to hit (should you slip off the brake)?

3. Golden Forum Junkie

To be honest the biggest problem with H&Ting modern cars is the excessive servo assistants.

4. Keith R Forum Member

I find it a lot easier to heel and toe when you're pushing hard. It's not really something you can do half heartedly. It needs to bea quick andpositive action.

A good way to practice safely, is by doing it while stationery, in neutralwith the engine running. Just apply full pressure on the brake and blip the throttle until you find the position that suits you best. At the same time,operate the clutch pedal and do the entire movement.

5. Boris Forum Member

You misunderstand, I drive a fair distance to work, mainly on backroads. I'd never try practicing the technique in traffic.

6. AndrewF Forum Addict

well, didn't think you would but thought it was worth mentioning ;)

agree with what keith says about doing it when pushing....same goes for it being easier at higher revs.