Hello from Gateshead!

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Gazzmondo, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Gazzmondo

Gazzmondo Paid Member Paid Member

Looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and shell out for a stainless one. Been recommended a local firm next to Newcastle, www.aas-exhausts.co.uk If not, it'll be a Jetex or similar (300ish).

2. Gazzmondo

Just had a reply from the local fabricators and they want 440 for a stainless one... But I'll have to wait til February 2016 as they're fully booked! So it looks like the Jetex stainless option 387.

3. theboysmiffy

theboysmiffy Paid Member Paid Member

I have heard very good things about AAS. Never tried them though will do when I need some work.

4. Gazzmondo

Not much good if you need something in a hurry though? (Feb 2016)

5. theboysmiffy

theboysmiffy Paid Member Paid Member

When I spoke to AAS a while ago it was the same story, they are in demand! They recommended Trackslag, might be worth a try?

6. Gazzmondo

Someone else recommended Trackslag to me as well.

7. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

I think Mathew from Trackslag is on here (@trackslag), though doesn't look like he's been active in a while. I spoke with them about a 2.25" system (rather than a 2.5") which is a little more suited to standard cars and still pretty quiet apparently - it's on my list after getting everything else sorted. Seemed good value too, similar to Jetex pricing.

8. Gazzmondo

A few mates have put me in touch with Matthew. I've also contacted him on Facebook, seems a very nice bloke. He said for me to go for the 2.25" system (395 including fitting kit). It's going to take 3 weeks to get it, but gives me a bit of time to do a few little jobs around the car.

9. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

Great, really interested to know how you get on with it - both the fit and the noise (or hopefully lack of). Make sure you post back here!

10. Gazzmondo

No problem! I'll post a video when I get it fitted up and running.

11. Buggirl

Buggirl Forum Member

Awesome! Welcome!

12. Gazzmondo

Well, my new exhaust arrived today, courtesy of Matthew at Trackslag, and I must say it's a lovely looking system.
    Hopefully, get it fitted tomorrow (after the wife drags my out to buy a new car for her).
    Very helpful - Met me half way to drop it off and gave me some advice on fitting it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Gazzmondo

I know... car needs a wash!
    [​IMG]

14. Gazzmondo

It's on! Thanks to Mathew Rhodes at Trackslag for the fitting advice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1990 and bootsie like this.
  15. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

Looks great. How does it sound? Didn't realise there were only two boxes on them.

16. Gazzmondo

I haven't started it up yet, need to replace the water pump first.
    The list is never ending.

[​IMG]

17. Gazzmondo

I had to jack the car right up, with three wheels off the floor to get the pipe over the rear axle. It was balancing on the drivers front wheel in this photo.
    Who needs Health & Safety?

18. Gazzmondo

Replaced the water pump.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Gazzmondo

Car was constantly full of condensation after rain. So with the help of a mate, set about finding the source. Rear sunroof drain on driver's side was blocked and the sunroof seal is knackered.
    Also got a faulty distributor and the alternator is screaming its head off. MORE MONEY!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Gazzmondo

Which brings me to my next question...
    Replaced the sunroof seal but the sunroof panel is sitting too low to the rear of the roof, it doesn't sit flush with the roof.
    Can I adjust the rear of the sunroof panel?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]