Hello new vw member here.

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Pcunliffe1511, Jun 5, 2017.

1. I found a loom on ebay from somebody breaking a vr6.... 30 for it, it's only 4 wires!!!. Well I bought it anyway and got the 167 relay to suit. Hopefully after it arrives I can finally start her up. Im dieing to see if it runs, tbh I'm getting a bit nervous now about the rest of the wiring I've done. Fingers crossed.

What's the best way to prime the turbo?
    Getting to the oil feed to drop some oil in is going to be a right pain in the ****. Will pulling the fuel pump fuse and turning it over several times be good enough?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Thats what I would do, except I'd just unplug the ecu that way no chance of any fuel or spark then crank it till the oil pressure light goes out. or you could unhook the oil return perhaps and crank till oil is seen to flow back out the turbo?

3. Thought I'd fill it with water tonight and give the coolant system a good flush. Then I noticed a small leak on the coolant flange on the side of the engine. So spent the next two hours taking it off and on and off and on. replaced the o ring, cleaned all the mating faces but it still leaked. Tried lightly sanding it flat as it had warped a little but still no joy, then noticed the screws didn't really nip tight against the plastic as they'd warn through slightly and just stopped against the metal inserts. Put washers on the screws but still no luck. After a quick Google search I soon noticed it's a common fault. Nearly spent 90 and bought an alloy one but the costs are racking up so I bit the bullet and just ordered a replacement plastic one. Another little hurdle but it's all good fun [:s]

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah if you have plastic flanges dont mess about, just replace with new. ideally buy genuine if still available, but good make pattern parts are usually ok

5. It's alive it's alive...

Didn't start first time round. Fuel pump didn't kick in, Quick search of the forum and found I needed the 30 30b jumper wire and a 32 relay in number 3. First turn of the key after and it jumped into life. Left it idling for ten minutes and noticed a small amount of oil seepage from the oil filter housing. Turned it off and ordered a new one online. That'll do me for the night..... Happy happy

notenoughtime likes this.
  6. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Excellent news what a great feeling to get it running