HELP! Just been CLAMPED! - update: It's gone

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by voteforpedro, May 29, 2008.

1. mk1steve Forum Member

care to explain that as it made no sense to me at all.

2. voteforpedro Forum Member

Probably not.

3. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Go round to there offices.

Smash a window.

Ask for a broom, and snap it.

:thumbup:

4. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: :clap:

5. AndrewF Forum Addict

:lol: i'm finding this hilarious.....and not just cause of the vodka i'm drinking!:lol:

6. gti8v Forum Member

I can't believe you left all your tools in there...you may as well of left them in the front garden,

7. Gaz16v Forum Member

cool.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. bula_82 Forum Junkie

he was working on the car when the fella that clamped him saw what was going on. obviously guessing it was going t be scrapped, and no fine etc paid he rang (guessing) h/o who then sent someone to remove the car as it is as they couldnt have either no car, or no fine paid on record.

then they broke the broom [:v:]

9. paul_c Forum Member

How do you break a broom sweeping up glass?????

10. nealey Forum Junkie

its quite easy actually if you go a bit mental with it, ive broken two of my mums but she still doesnt know about them

11. skint_golfer

skint_golfer Forum Member

actually it would probably constitute littering of fly tipping to dump a load of parts in the street... :lol:

...and when you think about it you wouldn't brake a car in the street if you were expecting a ticket hittler to come and do you for no tax so it was probably a local super grass that shopped him so would almost certainly shop him for the pile of parts... filthy little bastid... [:x]

12. damogti Forum Junkie

I'm lolling hard tbh!!!! :lol: I bet your popular with your neighbours!!!!

13. skint_golfer

skint_golfer Forum Member

I got 3 cars in bits outside but I do also have a drive.

you know the law states you can remove a clamp yourself and are not liable for any parking/release fees so long as you dont damage it or deprive the owner of its use? i.e. remove at the scene, leave it there then drive away.

pished off some clampers in leicester doing that a few years back to my crx, and in scotland if someone clamps you then you can have them charged with theft as scotish law considers depriving someone of the use of their property the same as stealing it (i think exceptions are made for repossession's etc).

14. You have two mums?

15. paul_c Forum Member

It is possible - lesbians can now adopt.

16. Just Jo Forum Member

i dont want to put the boot in but my dad says yor likely to get a bill of 105 for the tow and up to 15 a day for storage plus the back tax and upto 80 fine for no tax reduced to40 if paid within 7 days. he says dont believe the person on the phone ,cause its dealt with by two different depts . he's mate just got done at junction27 and dad just got fined 80 for tax on a car he sold 3months prior (sold with tax) the new owner didnt tax it and dad didnt ring the dvla to tell them they had not sent a confirmation letter saying he sold it

17. IanCarvell Forum Member

We did it last wednesday....we went to see the Durham vs Derby cricket game and one of the lads I work with is disabled. All of the disabled parking spaces were full so he parked on double yellows. He got the inevitable clamp, and after 8-9 pints and an altercation with the clamper on why he had clamped a car with an orange badge in it we decided to screw the fascist b'st@rd and remove it ourselves.

We were half way through removing the wheel when he drive past laughing saying "you will never get it off its chained to the strut".....he came back half an hour later after we had removed the strut and I handed the clamp back to him.....he was gutted bless him. I then got very very....very....very drunk.

18. fthaimike Forum Addict

Nice one