Help with Mk2 16v sensors identification?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by frank4, Jul 25, 2007.

1. jamesa Forum Junkie

HTH ... anything for a `valver` :lol:

2. oldnick

oldnick Paid Member Paid Member

Think of a question, hit search, hey presto!

I love this place :)

3. drewbar Forum Member

Nice job lads! I needed some help on this one, dam haynes manuals failed me lol

4. hysteric Forum Member

helped me too..... great site!

5. Hilux Forum Member

Just done this in my Mk1 (but with Stack gauges as they are considered reliably accurate but cost a little more) so I`ll tell you what I did.

My ABF has three sensors on the oil filter housing. The rear one and the front right are oil pressure and the one on the left was for the oil temperature reading on the Mk3 dash MFA information system.

I swapped the MFA sensor for the Stack electrical temperature sender and inserted a tee piece in the front pressure sender position and connected the mechanical pressure gauge to it with the original sender above it.

The capillary tube and wire I simply covered with split cable conduit for protection and neatness.

[​IMG]

The high pressure sender will send a buzzer noise if it drops at above 2000rpm and the low pressure sender at the back now illuminates a larger warning LED fitted between the gauges.

[​IMG]

I wanted to do away with the little red light in the dash as in daylight it was not very visible so cut the wire to the instrument panel loom connector and simply rewired it to the new LED (powered from the gauge) which is very very bright - you cant miss it.

For LED and wiring stuff I can highly recommend Polevolt

Rubjohnny tells me the position of the high and low senders can be reversed so dont shoot me down if they and their colours seem in the wrong position.

See my original thread here ............................

...............................................and another one here

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  6. richie_gti Forum Member

search button is indeed an amazing tool helped me out no end this