How easy is it for you to get a doctors appointment???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xxgolfyxbirdxx, Jan 17, 2007.

1. xxgolfyxbirdxx Forum Member

Just out of interest i just want to no how easy it is for you to get a doctors appointment in your local area?
    Ive been trying to get one for two weeks now, i have to ring up at 8 in the morning, the phone is constantly engaged until 8.30 and when i finally get through they tel me there is nothing until the 29th of january WTF??[:x]
    anyone any ideas on what to do? its quite urgent..
    Cheers,

2. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

I only go to the doctors via casualty.

3. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

if it's urgent, is it an emergency?!

they should get you that day if it's an emergency, me, it took a week last 2 times, but that's only 'cos i wanted a day appointment, if i wanted after noon i could of seen my gp in a day or 2....

4. VDubChick Forum Member

My surgery don't have appointments, if you're ill you ring in the morning for an appointment that day.

5. Admin Guest

Its the same story as you for a normal appointment. For an emergency appointment, they will see you that day.

6. melinamotor Forum Member

Normally the same day for me, or if not the day after.

7. Daz... Forum Member

depends how many polish have appointments tbh

8. Imteyaz Forum Member

Get yourself down to the G.P's and tell the receptionists that you will wait to see the G.P, no matter how long it takes. Sit in waiting room patiently and the Receptionists will inform the G.P that you have turned up without an appointment.

BTW, it is you right to be seen by the G.P, although the G.P. doesn't have to give you a specific appointment slot. Ask the Practice Manager if they have signed up for the 'Goverment Proposals for 48 hour Access', a scheme which pays a healthy bonus to G.P's if they arrange a system whereby the patients can be seen by a G.P / Nurse with 48 hours.

If they have, then you need to speak with your local PCT (Primary Care Trust), who hands out the pennies for the schemes. The telephone number for this will be available from your Practice, if not, PM me and I will find out for you. Failing all that, ask to speak to the Practice Manager and complain!

HTH,

Imteyaz.

9. DubLass Forum Member

My mum is a receptionist at our surgery so i get in quickly. If theres a cancelled appointment even quicker. :-D

10. Chantuz Forum Member

Our doctors have like a free clinic thingy from half 8 till 10 am, thats when I usually go if I need too.

11. b'locks Forum Addict

i'm lucky cos my girlfriend is Polish so it means all i have to do is walk in and go straight to the front of the queue and I get seen straight away before everyone else. [8D]

12. dubst16v Forum Member

i live in localsville so usually same day but then they still use leeches to cure everything round ere!

13. xxgolfyxbirdxx Forum Member

[:x] thats why i cant get an appointment.....

14. xxgolfyxbirdxx Forum Member

Thanks for your advice Imteyaz thats what im going to do i think..ive got the day off tomorrow so i'll pursuade my b/f to take me and wait:lol: failing that i'll have to go to the hospital and wait there aswell..NHS nowadays is total Bollo*

15. b'locks Forum Addict

well sorry about that but it's fair really...

16. xxgolfyxbirdxx Forum Member

Could you explain to me why that is fair?..

17. b'locks Forum Addict

because she's Polish and automatically gets seen first and gets loads of stuff free, plus benefits etc. seeing as i'm her boyfriend i can get in on it too which is a proper touch tbh.

it's just the rules, sorry i didn't make them up did i? no need to complain you'll get seen eventually...

18. xxgolfyxbirdxx Forum Member

yes eventually, it makes me laugh it really does how that works, they automatically get seen first, get benifits etc.. what ever happened to the born and bread english in there own country? Are you english?? really fks me off. and i think theres every need to complain tbh..
    common someone back me up here..

we pay taxes for scum like that..[:x][:x]

19. b'locks Forum Addict

he he it is quite funny how it works isn't it? she can't speak very good english either which i think helps as we get more sympathy that way. [:d]

tbh though you should stop moaning about this sort of thing, there are people dying in Africa, etc, you know???

20. xxgolfyxbirdxx Forum Member

:lol: please.. id rather pay taxes for them than the dirty polish.. all the same..
    if you dont like my moaning dont reply to the thread..simple. tw@