How much...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by ally_gti, Feb 19, 2005.

1. ally_gti Forum Member

that is sweet mate, i really like it. I like my build quality and reliability so i think i gotta stay with the mk2 for now, just bought a house so i really shouldnt be temping myself with another car for my collection :lol:

2. BenG New Member

It was pure fun, 163bhp at the wheels. Never took it to the track but had enough fun on the road with it looking standard, oh and having yoko semi slicks [:D] My standard gti before that was fun, the lift off over steer was great once I'd got the hang of it although it caught me out once [8(]cost me a bit of trim and a rear light.

Everyones right about them tho, if youare gonna get one be prepaired to have to work on them and half the time its a pain in the arse to fix!

3. YellowGolfTurbo Forum Member

[:D]alright m8. 205`s well i had a 1.6 gti and it was a great car to drive, quick enought and geared really well. however you do need to think wot if i crash it, you would probably get out of a golf better than a 205. the 205 is a bit twitchy in the rear end and the utmost respect should be given to the car whilst cornering, if your front wheels are sliding towards the hedge or something, then backing off slightly needs alot of thought as its easy to get outa shape fast.

after i sold mine the guy who bought it put it in a lampost as he was exiting a roundabout....R.I.P (205 not the guy)[:^(]

hope this helps.

4. ally_gti Forum Member

all info helps peeps, ive really not gottime to be fixing another car tho, my gt is tempermental enough as it is. [:[]

I would LOVE that one in the pic above tho, they just seem alot quicker than the valvers for some reason even though there not.

Ally

5. smithy Forum Member

Yeah, theres an Mi16 205 in one of GVK's donnington vids, there doesnt seem to be much in it on the straights, and I think he was running the crap high ratio box at the time. The golf was also gaining on it bigtime through the bends.

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I was going to post that vid on here but it's no longer hosted, the free webspace has been closed.

:lol: The following track day at Donny we met up again, he didn't have a passenger and was pushing me around the track [8(] Let him pass and his mates were going nuts on the pit wall :lol:

7. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

8. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

I pushed him around the track until he bottled it into the gravel trap! :lol:

9. smithy Forum Member

:lol:

Just downloading the vid, havent seen it in a while :p