How To improve MPG Figures?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by SPERMBANK, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Mk14life Forum Member

I got an ecotek fitted to my 83' mk1 gti 1.8 k-jet. Have got samco hoses, magnecor 7mm leads, bonrath rohr, k&n filter, neuspeed oil windage pan, neuspeed schrick aluminium oil pan, ashley manifold mated to magnex xlvwg1 exhaust system. Touch wood, i've had no problems with my ecotek. I get 35mpg but i've got a heavy right foot. Going to get tested on rolling road hopefully next week - can't wait!!!

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

where you going for the rolling road? that should be interesting.

i cant imagine it doing much good at all because at idle youll love vacume in the inlet and the sensors will be well confused lol

so whats the theory behind what it does as it appears youve added it to your engine without really know what it does

3. The db

The db Forum Junkie

The valves might save petrol, but I wonder at what cost to the engine?

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

I get 15-20mpg :lol:

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

I smell a stooge...

6. Dave 88 Karman Cab In Delete Queue

I agree, I have a dull looking Bora 100ps diesel for long runs and an 88Gti Cab for fun which so far as I can work out has used more fuel than any other car I have owned. (just had a new tank fitted mind).
    I do feel sorry for anyone that is using an old Golf to comute they love to sup!