Isaac - 1992 MK2 Golf GTI 8v...

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Zender Z20, Jan 1, 2022.

1. MJA

MJA Paid Member Paid Member

Both motors are looking great. Yes I should take your advice and make sure I drive them too. Currently down to 1 at still don't drive it much... hopefully things will change as kids get older and life gets less busy etc.

Zender Z20 likes this.
  2. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Isaac's been taking his turn on the back seat, what with the MK1 eating up all my time (and money).

Just chance, but saw a couple of these for sale on eBay and as I'd never heard or read about them before did a bit of Googling.

Seems they were fitted to some MK2 Diesels and various MK3's, and now you know why there's that hole in the lever.

BrokeVW was speculating they possibly aided the self adjusting clutch cable mechanism somehow, others had their own opinions.

Ironically, if he's right, I've changed mine out for a manually adjustable cable.

Seller was local, so they cost very little and as things like this appeal to me, thought it was worth a punt.

Maybe just wishful thinking, but the clutch pedal does seem a little more fluid and has a slightly better feeling action to it... if the intention was to improve either I wouldn't say it's dramatic.

Seems to be different versions / weights, this looks bigger to others and comes in at 0.7Kg, read that there's 0.5Kg ones too, though not sure why.

IMG20240214152237.jpg
    IMG20240214152313.jpg
    IMG20240214152333.jpg
    IMG20240214152352.jpg

erreesse, MJA and Cressa like this.