Just driven the Mk5 GTI !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by trickgti, Dec 14, 2004.

1. trickgti

trickgti Forum Member

Went up to our p.d.i centre today to find that a nice shiney red mk5 gti had just been dropped off!!
    managed to give it a quick spin up the road, loved every minute! The GTI is back at long last and its going to kick ass!!
    I want one!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

2. slythe_guy Forum Member

3. trickgti

trickgti Forum Member

4. t_r_d Forum Member

wicked.

expected nuttin less

5. zoid Forum Member

I'm seriously thinking about getting one, although I've heard along with the R34 there will be a light wieght version of the GTI in about a years time, anyone else heard that?

6. t_r_d Forum Member

yup its on its way, beetle rsi stylee i think. but a bit tamer.

7. nickvw Forum Member

Can you bring it to the next meet if it has not sold before then [:D]

I want one too :p

8. trickgti

trickgti Forum Member

Will see what i can do nick... poss could pick it up from which ever of sales staff has it as there company car (demo) on the day of the next meet!! :p
    Or will see if i can have it for the weekend!;)

9. GolfBryan Forum Member

MK5 GTI, I want!

10. nickvw Forum Member

Nice one mate [:D]

11. Seraph Banned

nice one m8. Not many people can say they've drivn a mk5, let alone a gti. :thumbup:

12. trickgti

trickgti Forum Member

If i ever do buy one,...... think i might lose my licence!![8(]
    will just use the company demos for now!

13. robertnes Forum Member

even the light wieght will be 20k+ , will you pay that for 200bhp? if my budget was 20k i would be looking for something a bit quicker and a bit more special. not worth the cash in my opinion.

14. H8SV8S Forum Member

I tend to agree. I don't doubt it'd be an awesome car, but needs to be quicker and paint that Goddamn black plastic - it looks cr@p :lol:

15. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Even if it has 'only' got 200bhp, everyone's raving about the way it drives, and just think , if a 150bhp 1.8T can be re-mapped to 200bhp+ just think what a Revo/(enter your favourite chip tuner) here mk5 GTI will put out[:D]

Tiff,Plato and VBH all loved it on 5th gear this week ( and took 10,000 miles off the tyres on some airfield :lol: )

16. madmk4 Forum Member

Im not sure how re-mapping the ECU will go with the FSI fuel injection ?

17. ianb Forum Member

RSD have the results back from Oettinger Germany

The car will comfortably see 250bhp and 260lbs of pull on the re chip.....same figures AmD are quoting on the new A4 that they been chipping for a while now.

I'm going in for my test drive at Silver Street Taunton Saturday......apparently they have a red GTI being PDI'd as we speak.

Bye bye MKIV me thinks........maybe selling some nice bits of that to include APR Cruise 5 Chip Programmes Milltek Full System and D/Pipe BBS CH 8.5 X 18 Alloys with new Gyear F1's smoked rear lights and full Oettinger Front end..Grill Valence etc if anyone's interested

Ian

18. nickg123 New Member

Ian - definitely! My G/F has a Mk IV GTI (Black 3dr) so any bits you have please PM me details and prices :p

19. Admin Guest

have seen loads on the road since summer, most of them have been the 2.0 diesel though,

hmm GTI though [:D]

20. trickgti

trickgti Forum Member

Wasn't just focusing on the power out put of the mk5, its a damn fun car to drive! wouldnt want to corner a mk3 or mk4 the way you can with this.
    Think the whole package is good, for me i like it alot :p