Just seen that beheading vid..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Funkyfin2000, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

It is indeed and if they wish to view it then it's not that hard to find.

but DO NOT post links to it on this forum.

I was really hopeing noone would be silly enough to post any links. It's *REALLY* not suitable on here.
    Edited by: gbolton

2. slick Forum Junkie

Again a example of what i mean, its all well and good to claim you don't want to see it but if you hear enough about it then it gives you an undeniable urge to find out what everyone else seems to be talking about.

Its is human nature and a bad nature to have in my opinion.

Sorry mate wasn't having a pop at all, fair enough not posting them, was going to take it down again but you got to it first.

Edited by: slick

3. Guests Banned

i watch things like that coz im genuinly interested in what the human body can or cannot take

nothing to do with whats going on in iraq etc

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

It generally cannot take it's head being cut off.

5. Andy947 Forum Addict

Unlike a chicken :)

(well for a few secs anyway :lol: )

6. Guests Banned

but it does have plenty of diamonds and cobalt and weve been getting plenty of that

7. Bonnie Forum Member

I have just been given the link to this..but cant bring myself to look at it...yet. Not whilst im on my own anyway!

I think the point to remember here guys is that goverments use soilders as pawns..thats what i disagree with...i wish they would fight their own wars. Then you get all the groups from all points of view joining in and this is when you get innocent people..like this engineer being hurt.

Something did have to be done in Iraq..I'm just not sure it was attacking like they did. If something was to be done, it should have been 13 years ago when they had the chance..or Saddam should have been brought to justice...why should innocent people get hurt for believing in something?

8. Dubya Forum Junkie

Well I have read this entire thread, and all the opinions contained within, and I can honestly say that I have absolutely no desire to watch the video.

I can however relate to the people that have been sent the link, and opened it not knowing what it is, and then been too shocked to turn it off.

As Superden said, the more people that watch this video, the better it is for the terrorists who made it. It is important to see more sides to the story than the view given by the western media, but I don't believe this gives you a very good insight into the situation. Although the video shows the barbaric lengths the terrorists are prepared to go to, these kidnappings and executions are fairly isolated cases, and don't particularly surprise me. The purpose of terrorism is to terrorize, and these are terrorists that we are dealing with.

The only solution to this that I can see is, if the technology exists, to plant a microchip that can be tracked by satellite under the skin of every contractor working there. Then, if they were kidnapped their exact location could be tracked, and the military would have the neccessary intelligence to take action against the kidnappers. It shouldn't take long for kidnappers to realise that any civillian they kidnap will lead special forces straight to their door.
    Edited by: V Dubya

9. Guests Banned

oil is by far more important than diamonds and cobalt. a country cannot survive without it. thats why it causes such problems.

the great mighty super power that is USA is useless without it....and that scares them.....thats why they they are fighting like they are.

how many men have they lost.... surely if they where doing it to just 'help' iraq back to normal they would have pulled out by now. no they wont stop till they got what they want......control

10. richgit Forum Junkie

V Dubya ---> :clap:

11. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Thats what happened after the last Gulf war. Didnt solve a thing and the people hated the west for leaving them in the poo with Saddam still at the helm.

If we left it the way it is now, and carried on with our merry lives, the minority of extremists would still be mass murdering kurds, causing havoc and creating a civil war as has been mentioned.

Once we have sorted the place out and stabilised the entire region, then maybe we can think about leaving, but thats not going to happen. The whole area is strategically too important for the other areas that this campaign has only begun to sort out.

Israel, Iran, North Korea...they are all next.

12. JonnyGTi Forum Member

f**k, f**k, f**k

Just watched it and I feel so f**king chilled by it. I don't get it, how am I so far removed from people that can do that? I can't fathom a motivation, what can cause you to do that?? We grow up so isolated from the, what to us is extreme, belief systems that can condition and nurture that capability.

I'm not interested in what the human body can take, I'm interested in what humans can do. What we could do. I don't think levelling our hatred with theirs is what we could do.

f**k sh:t that was awful.

13. richgit Forum Junkie

Chilled as in calm, or chilled as in horrified?

14. Kingsley Forum Member

ive seen it and its simply disgusting and cowadly that they can target a man like that and show no remorse.... the thing that really hits me is the blatent atitude of tony blair, he caused this war to start by getting involved in other people business and hes caused the death and suffering of these innocent guys... yet hes not prepared to aid them to safety

im not a religous guy but god bless the families of these guys and my heart goes out to them in these difficult times....

15. thebluebus Forum Junkie

Aparently the second american has been killed!

16. richgit Forum Junkie

17. JonnyGTi Forum Member

Chilled as in calm - it made me feel really relaxed and good about things... [:s]

18. Guests Banned

can someone pm the link....i got my popcorn now [xx(]

19. coullstar Forum Member

Its totally and completly just so the oil is controlled by the West otherwise in all honesty the West wouldnt give a flying feck about Iraq. (Theres loads of oil in Africa by the way, all down the West coast and in the North).

Oil production has peaked and is now declining in the majority of the mature areas, (North Sea, GOM, Africa and even some Arab states) so to prevent a global economic crisis the nations that rely on oil the most need to control it hence the war.

As for the video it is free will if you want to watch it but in a way you should to bring home the reality of the hatred and mindless violence that is directed toward the troops out thier. Civi's have a choice to be there so they cannot blame anybody if stuff like this happens. They clearly take the risk just to make a fast buck. After speaking to someone with first hand knowledge out there I dont think we will ever change the attitude of these people. Basically a lose - lose situation.

20. Guests Banned

and why should we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.