Just seen that beheading vid..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Funkyfin2000, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loon Forum Member

Rubber neckers.
    You may as well be on the terrorists payroll cause you're doing a damn fine job of spreading the propaganda...

Some poor sod died. You want to watch it. Sick.
    [xx(]

2. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I agree with Loon. I definitely won't watch it. Just imagine how those men's families must feel. It's bad enough knowing how they died. Must make them feel even worse knowing people are watching it on the Internet, just out of morbid curiosity.

3. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

well it would be rude of me to have opinions and not share them...

I think going to watch a prisoner in the USA get the electric chair is pretty morbid - but that is the death of someone as punishment for a crime, with the sentence chosen by a court and sanctioned by the state.

I believe that this video is an intrusion into the dignity of the man involved - and into his families grief. I would not want my family thinking of my death being viewed all around the world.

The civilian contractors do know that there is a greater risk out in Iraq than elsewhere - that does not give anyone the right to kidnap and murder them, it does not make their families loss and smaller, it does not mean they "deserved it" People get paid a lot more for doing a lot less, and with far less risk. Many of the civilian jobs are involed with the re-construction of the Iraqi infrastructure - something the general population would welcome.

All the american contractors i worked with out in Iraq were protected by private security - ex US special forces etc who were well trained, well equipped and switched on - however it seems some of the companies had not made sufficient provision for the protection of their workforce.

Perhaps the reasons for the military action of the west in Iraq were not valid, maybe it was a liberation, maybe it was an Invasion - i'm sure we all have our own views.

What none of us have is a time machine, it happenened, and we must deal with the present and the future - we can only learn from the past - not change it.

i *may* be voting differently in the next election (not that i have anything against a govt that takes us into a massive mobilisation and then cuts military manpower.....)

i have probably mentioned it before but in general i quite like the Iraqi people - many of them showed a level of hospitality and friendliness that i might not have shown in their situation.

4. green with envy Forum Member

Agree with Dex.

he's been there, seen it, done it etc

Loon also had a very good point

5. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

Yeah there is some very very interesting reading amongst the rubbish in this thread.

Its good to discuss these issues and get others points of view.

6. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

they have found the body of the second one now....

Terrible...

7. W3LSH Forum Member

8. Guests Banned

i think due to the speculation of the first it made them really go to town on the second video.

there is no doubt what so ever the second video is real.

[:s]

9. W3LSH Forum Member

fair enough, i havent seen either but just came across the 'fraud' link :)

10. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

interesting, but wrong i would imagine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.