leicester volkswagen - very poor

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by vduben, Jan 5, 2007.

1. vduben Forum Member

ordered a small gasket for a water flange, my cars broken so a work mate picked it up for me.......
    he got there and went to the desk and the bloke was like yeah ill brb......
    came back 10 mins later with a coffe and forgot totally what what he wanted and then proceeded to say, join the cue of which the front bloke had been waiting 25 mins!!!!!!!
    in my eyes this is totally unacceptable!!!!!
    they are the biggest muppets,
    my mate went back the next day and then waited 40 mins for a 2quid gasket!!!!!!!
    and in the mean time watch the parts people **** up nurmerous times!!!!!!!!!
    now hes got the impression vw are ****y and said he would never get on for the above reasons...............
    just goes to show how a little bit of bad customer care can change and sawy ppl so easily...............
    leicester vw - be asshamed of your selves

2. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Bud I'm in coventry, not that far, come see me! :thumbup:

3. craggsy Forum Member

Who served you as I always get on with them there and they know my car really well now. I always ask for Eric, he's the old bloke, and he gets things right everytime for me

4. funkbaron Forum Junkie

It's all about finding the decent member of staff who knows what he's doing - my local VW are the worst I've ever dealt with - totally disinterested, slow, cack on their systems, seriously rude etc - there's just one guy there I'll happily deal with.

5. craggsy Forum Member

If my man aint there i always walk away

6. nealey Forum Junkie

Special clubgti discount as well!! ;)

7. smillsey Forum Member

Im from leicester,

They are all morons at leicester volkswagen. You said you waited 40 mins, Ive often waited that long for a nut.

8. RichS

RichS CGTI Regional Host

Can't fault Arthur Prince in Loughborough - not too far away if you're having troubles in Leicester.

9. scottymk2 Forum Member

loughborough vw parts are utterly sh*t aswell, when i was doing my 2.0 16v rebuild i ordered hundreds of pounds of bits from them,
    i went to take some back that i didnt use, and wanted to refund them against some more i had ordered..
    i was taking back a couple of o rings and buying a couple of bits.. the bloke was like "i tell you what, how about we just swap them", i was like wtf!!! i said no because they arent the same value (the bits i was taking back were worth like 10, i was buying something worth like 4), he was like "can you come back another time then, i havetn got time to refund it now"

i said no, and made him do it, took him about 2 minutes.. lazy t**t who couldnt be arsed to do it and was tryint o fob me off with swapping bits

10. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Citygate VW High Wycombe have one guy who knows what he is on about, all the other guys look about 16 and dont have a clue tbh.

I waited 20 minutes for a sump plug and seal once. One of the mechanics from the service centre bit walked past and after I hassled him to see where the other guy had gone went into the workshop and just gave me one for free.

Out of interest whats the pay like at VW?

11. Bups01 Forum Member

Yep he knows his stuff, sound guy aswell.. Ideally they need more staff working on the parts dept to handle the demand.. GSF arent too bad, they get things right most of the time providing they list the part.. (im in leicester too btw :) )

12. beetie

beetie Forum Member

i agree about the leicester lot, but the old bloke with the hearing aid is the best guy there to speak to.
    even then they are still SLOW

i just order from where ianb works now

13. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

It pays the bills!!:lol:

14. Dark_Rocco New Member

Why arn't you guy's using GSF in Leicester. They give a great service and never have any problems finding the right parts for you. I live in Leicester and always use GSf or Euro Car Parts!

Dark_Rocco

15. Rick 16v Mk2 Forum Member

It's the same at the Stockport branch, the old bloke there is the only one who gets it right.

All VW parts desks are rubbish. I order by part number whenever i can, they still make mistakes.

16. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Now now....not all! ;)

17. scottymk2 Forum Member

because gsf dont sell all parts for vws, only popular ones - if you need some new caliper bolts or an obscure engine oil seal/water pipe etc, you need to go to vw.

18. smillsey Forum Member

where do you work ianb?

19. vduben Forum Member

i will ask for him now!!!! tey are all nob heads in there tho, i no a guy whos a mechanic there so i should go speak to him really, does a great service and stamp up on the book[:D]
    i think ill just order from ianb from now on:)
    i always use gsf, the fat pakistani is the one to speak too, the others arnt as good as him!!!!
    mind you they did **** up and sell me 2 filters for 4 quid:)
    and give me a cv joint because they made me wait 10 mins!!!!!
    never like leaving my car out side round the back tho!!!
    beaumont leys aint the nicest of places:lol:

20. nealey Forum Junkie

I always order from ianb as well, never failed me!