Lindvale VW Dealership! South East.

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Aphex, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Jay 16V Forum Member

Mk ones are my tops , got a mk2 16v at the moment , 91 on a j , tornado , one owner , full service at a tad over 98 grand[:D]

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

Nice, my mate (g-pes on here) stuck an abf in his mk2 the other weekend. It's a touch rapid!

Mine has a 9a bottom end and has such a lovely growl. Not that I can drive the poxy thing :lol:

3. Gal - 16v Forum Member

Ah What head you got on that then?

Reckon you should donate me your engine as clearly that milk float has written your car off now! :p

4. Aphex Forum Junkie

Lmao, ported and polished kr jobbie. With some re-profiled cams and a standard exhaust. Made 185.5bhp at the fly a couple of months ago [:^:] :lol:

5. Jay 16V Forum Member

Why? , still dented?. what g-pes??? or am i being thick?. are the 9a s 2 litre?

6. Aphex Forum Junkie

Yeah, the wings pushed onto the tyre [xx(]

G-Pes is the name of someone that comes on here

Yeah the 9a's are 2.0's :thumbup:

7. Gal - 16v Forum Member

9a s are 2.0 Jobbys - But can fit the KR head on them.

Aphex - Did you do the work yourself or was there someone locally round here? I looked into fitting an ABF and as much as loved it - I prefer the way the KR system runs and parts are cheaper for it.

Can an 020 Gearbox fit on the 9a though? I really loved the box and I really hate the 2y that I currently have its complete pap.

8. Jay 16V Forum Member

ouch[xx(] . sorry i am being thick. Can you put kr 16 head straight on to 9a bottom end?

9. Gal - 16v Forum Member

Yeah I think you can.

10. Aphex Forum Junkie

I bought it with a whole 9a in it and got P. Breading down aviation way/southend airport way to do all the other work to it. Obviously works out alot more expensive but I can't recommend him highly enough. Even if he has been spotted taking spirited drives in my car lol, he loves it.

My mates running his 020 with the abf and can't really see why it wouldn't work. Best to ask G-Pes though sorry. I'm running the 02a box which has a nice positive feel to it.

11. Jay 16V Forum Member

Totally out there i know , but which photo place is best to use so i can get some pictures of me motor on here?

12. Aphex Forum Junkie

13. Jay 16V Forum Member

Cheers mate , ill give it a go at weekend:lol: , tried before with out much luck?

14. Gal - 16v Forum Member

020 is a hydraulic box though and I think its cable change as opposed to rod which I currently have (As far as I know), but the difference is amazing - the 2y I had rebuilt at the beginning of the year and it feels like I could break it if I push it hard. Its absolute rubbish.

Didn't think about 02a to be honest - Might bear that in mind when the time comes.

What does this fella do? Anything or is there stuff he steers away from - If its the first then have you got a number for him - might give him a shout when I need some bits doing!

15. Gal - 16v Forum Member

Same - When you upload copy the bottom line under the pictures normally has IMG written in dodgy brackets and you can copy straight into forum threads like this one :)

16. Aphex Forum Junkie

He's got his own company, been established for about a million years lol, he's sort of an old boy but he's great. His wife can be scary on the phone though lol, takes a while to get booked in too.

Can't remember it at though mo but I'll dig it out otmo and post it up for you :thumbup:

17. Gal - 16v Forum Member

Cheers - On that note I best be off - Got work tomorrow early.

Good Luck getting the car sorted - Might see you round rayleigh sometime - When I get the 9a in give you a shout we can compare :p

18. Aphex Forum Junkie

Lol nice one sounds good. Need sleep too.. a bit addicted to heroes at the mo.. argh!

19. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

@ Gal If Aphex gets his 9a sorted im sure he will take you out in it to see how the 9a feels, and you can come out in G-PES with the ABF see which one feels better to you.
    I haven't had a rolling road reading of mine yet, but it pulls hard (Ask Aphex...lol)

I did my ABF conversion in a weekend so not a mega job to do, and im not a mechanic or anything like that so any questions i'd be happy to try and help.

Also my dad lives in rayleigh so not far away. Look out for a helios blue golf with black wheels parked on the eastwood/rayleigh road every friday.

20. Gal - 16v Forum Member

Sounds good - Did you just change the engine like for like or did you do some internal work as well.

Got any pics of the car or a progress thread? Would love to go for a ride in an ABF'd Mk2 just to see the difference between the mk2 and mk3 in terms of weight.

:lol: