Looking for a cheap trackday video camera?

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by Horney, Feb 16, 2010.

1. AWK-53 Forum Member

Anyone else had any sound problems?

I used mine today for the 1st time on my dashboard and for the first few minutes of the video it's great. But about half way through the sound goes all crackly and stops working. Tried it a couple more times and recharged etc but the sound is very very quiet - radio on full blast can barely be heard, no other sound at all engine etc!

Will try the reset button tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone else had this happen and manged to resolve it?

2. daljsd Forum Member

Just got one of these, how do you know when the battery is full or is there a charging time for it?

no mention in the instructions

3. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

4. sam-mk1 Forum Member

Just got mine and having difficulty getting it into action, when its on charge the red and blue light come on but nothing changes when you press the power button or the record button. Any tips as the instructions are very unclear. Have put a memory card in out my phone, would an incorrect size (memory wise) card stop it from recording at all? Thanks in advice

Cheers
    Sam

5. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I had a duff memory card from an online shop and everytime it I put it in the camera it would cause the camera to crash, I reset it so many times the reset button inside broke.

6. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

the memory stick needs to be right, ie a class 6 card

mine comes on with the blue light and then the red one flashes when you press the stop / start button on the top.

I will be trying it today at spring gti with it clipped to the sun visor

7. sam-mk1 Forum Member

Going to order a class 6 card now. As I haven't had any memory to record to I haven't been able to check mines working yet. Those who have successfully recorded with theirs have you got a card reader with a slot small enough for the micro sd card or does linking the USB cable from the camera to the laptop allow you to upload? The reason I ask is when I connect it to my laptop it doesn't seem to recognize anything?

Thanks
    Sam

8. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

yea the camera works as a card reader aswell so it should recognize the card in the camera, is the memory card you have in the camera now known to be working or not?

9. sam-mk1 Forum Member

The memory card works in my mobile but I'm pretty sure its not a class 6 one and is causing the camera to crash (as you said yours did). Hopefully its just a case of putting the correct memory card in and it should be ok. Thanks for your help.

Has anybody mounted theirs on the diagonal bar of the cage so the camera can see the wheel/driver and see the track also? As it doesn't have zoom I suppose it's just luck if it sits in the rite place in terms of viewing the driver and the track.

Sam

10. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

No worries, fingers crossed it works ok.

I mounted mine on the dash for a tack day and it worked well, got it pointing in a good place and the quality was good but I used a more expensive class 8 card so I think it helped, it still looses all sound when it gets to noisy suddenly, like when you start to spin and get on the throttle, but accelerating normally up to 8k was fine.

11. Horney Forum Member

12. Phat Ass Forum Member

Yes, my CD came with an 'english' translation. Theres a file on the CD called TAG.txt iirc and in there you set the time, copy it to the memory card in the camera and then by some means of magic it writes a new time and date to that file when its connected to the pc. Seems to work, mine was right when i tested it this evening.

they're not amazing in the dark, but then they were never going to be. But for the price, it's fine :) Day time testing tomorrow with mucho gaffa me thinks.

Anyone had any success getting rid of the timestamp?

13. tones61

tones61 Forum Member

14. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Stick it in the Classifieds, please, Tones. :thumbup:

15. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Bump for this.

They might be cheap, but who wants all that crap on the screen? !!

16. powerhand Forum Member

I know this thread has been quiet for a long time now, but just wondered if anyone had solved the time stamp issue. A friend of mine got one of the 'muvi' branded cameras (which are identical) and his doesn't have the time stamp...any ideas?

17. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Used mine at Oulton yesterday and it was still fine apart from a gentle shake and occasionally having the sound cut out, date stamp at the bottom doesnt bother me and it not even got the rite date on, might try mounting it in come crazy places on the outside of the car for Mallory tomorrow.

18. theboymike Forum Junkie

B*gger, I feel a purchase coming on [:[]

The cheapest I've found is 11.94 with free P&P here

Still looking at cards.. although it states "Micro SD" on the device, I'm assuming it's all good to use Micro SDHC as well, since the ad states "Micro SD 2-8Gb"..