Metallica ...

Discussion in 'Music' started by superden, May 11, 2007.

1. joeb Forum Member

well thats a big relief.
    i too thought i was the only metalhead on this site.[8D]
    my personal fave 'tallica album. is definately kill em all. but there all great albums. except st.anger which is embarrasing

2. Dangerous_Dave New Member

Metallica did the best version EVER of Whiskey In The Jar, By the way... This is my first post on Club GTI :)

3. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Amen to that. Its awful. Master or Justice for me.

4. C12AIG Forum Member

The black album is good. Master of puppets is the best i think.

5. Dangerous_Dave New Member

Trivium's Version (Master Of Puppets) is just... bad.. in my opinion.. Metallica all the way!

6. m47k Forum Member

dont like metalica personally
    rammstein pure german heavy metal

7. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Yeah love a bit of Rammstein.

But Metallica everytime for me....

8. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Meh...Pantera all the way.

9. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Got a cool live pantera cover of a metallica track....good stuff.

10. grozzy15 Forum Member

Newbie's guide to Metallica...

Black album is the best to get into Metallica if you've never heard them before, then just work backwards... Easy!! Newer stuff never really hits the spot does it? I'd do it like this...

1. Black Album
    2. And Justice For All.. (Take time to soak up ONE.. my personal favourite EVER!!!!)
    3. Master of Puppets
    4. Ride the Lightning
    5. Kill 'Em All

By then you'll have a good idea of what Metallica is all about.. then you can mix it up a bit by going for some Live EP's, Garage Days (+revisited) etc...

No other band comes close.. Seen them live loads and loads over the last 15years. One of the best ever sets was at Download a few years back when their drummer Lars didn't make it due to "Illness" so they had to quickly get a replacement drummer in.. Luckily Joey from Slipknot (who was the biggest Metallica fan) stepped in and played the majority of the set - he was fantastic!!!! (there were also a few other band's drummers who played a couple of tracks early on, but Joey took over and fookin' rocked!!)[}:)]

11. Cabby Dave Forum Member

Ive just ebayed loads of metallica vinyl and made a lot of money. I figured anyone wanting master on vinyl would have it already. Clearly not!

12. GTirish New Member

Metallica rock! I saw em at Download last year. They were simply amazing. True masters of the stage. And simply blew GNR away. They were crap, mainly because Axel Rose is a prat.

Pantera were great, shame they went the way they did. RIP Dimebag [:^(]

Rammstein can be very funny, like a few of their tracks.

13. C12AIG Forum Member

I do like metallica. Tho Joey from sipknot has got to be one of the best drummers out there!?

CJ

14. kronk10 Forum Member

I know its not mettalica but i have been listening to Everytime I Dies new album the "big dirty" amazing riffage and beats on there oh and has anyone mentioned mettalica "one" awesome electric guitar solo in that:clap:

15. Charlo New Member

Another metal head GTI owner here - saw them at the Telewest Arena a few years back, nearly cr@pped myself when the pyros went off to "One" and a roadie fell from the lighting rig and hung like a rag doll about 10ft away from my face on his safety. Jason came skulking past, roaring at the crowd to gee us up - I was one person off front row so I dived over them to ruffle his mane - to which his response was to look up, wink and spit on me! I never washed that tee again (Metallican limited edition one, pencil art dude with x'ed arms, giving the birdie).

Those were the days, I'm too old for gigs now, sadly.

16. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

ive only started to listen to metalica this year, cant get enough, master of puppets my fav at the moment, its also great music to listen to when im paintin a car too seem to get in to a groove. from the gigs in germany i seen on mtv they look mega to watch live, defo gonna go to one if they play over here again.