MK 2 16v and 8v manifolds

Discussion in 'TSR Performance' started by TSR Performance, Oct 7, 2008.

1. BertyB New Member

thanks pal.needto get rid of this one i've got now.thanks agian

2. wfarrell Forum Member

Hi G60KG/forum members,

I called TSR today -- they are very interested in getting mk2 loan cars (both 8V abd 16V) to enable them to design and develop the exhaust manifold for a tall block engine installation.

Apparently they are getting loads of enquiries about these every day -- understandable when you see that the TSR manifold threads have had over 3000 hits !

Annyhow, TSR would need a car for one week to create the manifold.

They did have a lot of questions about the car (i.e. is it a runner, do you want to drive it home, is it a 16V/8V, RHD etc etc).

I suggested it would be best if you contact TSR directly to discuss -- let me know if this is OK - thanks!

Regards, Will

3. mattyl New Member

Hi there, went to fit my milltek manifold and it closes by the rubber boot for the steering rack. And found the gear leakage was catching the manifold. Any ides
    Matt

4. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Update

Hi Guys,

You would not believe how difficult it is to get someone to lend you a mk2. Anyway we have got a good start on the abf 16v manifold we already have a prototype and this will be sent to Milltek tommorrow. We will then have to wait for them to give us approximate delivery times for the items. Please get in contact if you have a mk 2.0 8v tallblock you can lend us or if you would like to reserve a 16v mani a idea of numbers would be good for us.

5. paultownsend Forum Member

whats the price for these abf 16v manifolds? i take it there a 4-1 construction?

6. Ade88-16v Paid Member Paid Member

Like wise......would be interested in one for my mk2 abf 16v. Is there a 'flexi' joint on the end or will I need a solid front mount if I go for one of these manifolds?

7. mk2vivs Forum Member

are the heads different exhaust port wise for mk28v and mk3 8v?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  8. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Mk 2 2.0 16v manifolds

Hi All,

Right we finally have the sample coming to us from Milltek arriving tomorrow ( taken 6 weeks those guys are proper busy). As they took so long they are making them through there tig welding department so these will look the real deal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are slightly more expensive and will between 300-320 inc vat.

By the way big thanks to Andy for lending his MK2 for so long been here for 6 weeks will be worth the wait though.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  9. paultownsend Forum Member

jesus that looks good. what size is the diameter of the flange to join onto the exhaust? 2", 2.25", 2.5"?
    oh, and the primaries?

10. andee17 Forum Member

Hi there,
    I can officially say TSR and Milltek have done a top job with this manifold for the ABF conversion MK2. It fits spot on and sounds as great as it performs! CHEERS GUYS!

I can get a picture posted up of the manifold fitted in my mk2 for anyone who would just like to see for themselves.

11. mk2vivs Forum Member

now thats spot on!id buy one tomorrow if it was for a tall block 8v mk2.anyjoy with borrowing a car to use to get some tall block maifolds made up?i bet they would be very popular

12. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Where it joins to the exhaust is 2" on this one but we think we are going to make it 2.5" as most people are using jetex exhausts.

13. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

No car yet you can lend us yours.

14. mk2vivs Forum Member

id love to lend you mine but im in leeds.How long would you need it for?

15. Mike_H Forum Addict

Surely TSR could buy a scruffy old Mk2 GTI, and chuck a tall block in it, for 'test mule' purposes? There are plenty of unfinished projects and rolling shells to be had for next to no money.

16. paultownsend Forum Member

its a shame seen as though you have a rolling road, you didn't do a pre/after power gain.

17. mk2vivs Forum Member

If it isnt needed for a very long period of time then i might be able to lend them it.Its just a bit of a hike from leeds to where you are.Would be great if you could get the tall block 8v manifold done

18. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

We may well do this but at the minute we just don't have the time to invest in this.

19. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

We would have liked to doi this but the car already had a botched 4 branch on it so we would not really be doing a fair test. The other problem is there are so many other variants not many of these are standard cars.

20. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

It took us 1 week to design a prototype the problem is Milltek it took them 6 weeks to build the production piece.