mk1 golf R32 4WD

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Joes, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Joes Forum Member

is Phatty user name Phatty? lol
    or has anybody got Andy's number?

2. Admin Guest

Phatvr6

3. Joes Forum Member

so just a bit of an update
    ive laid out all of the original mk1 wiring but rerooted some of it to give me a cleaner engine bay and also added some hdi front lights
    just a pic of the hdi and sidelight wiring
    [​IMG]
    i will take some more pics when it gets a bit more interesting

4. Joes Forum Member

have just been doing some eyeng up at these wiring diagrams i have and i thought i do a bit of iabling to socalled to make it a bit easier lol
    [​IMG]
    that's not all of it lol

[​IMG]

5. bens_cab Forum Junkie

been there done that best of british i ended up going stand alone and binning the oe stuff lol it was like a birds nest

6. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

looms suck, almost finished my stripped down mk2 one then stopped and chucked it in the corner for the last year and its a rite mess now with unlabeled wires everywhere, thank god for rubjonny, he best still be posting when I get round to sorting it out:p

7. Joes Forum Member

hi there
    do any one no where i can get bosch connectors from like the one's on my mk5 engine ??

8. Joes Forum Member

tt dash

heey people
    soz i havent posted anything fo a little while due to funding and doing a bit of research lol
    after doing my bit of research i managed to come across somebody who had an audi tt dash out of a mk1 golf how lucky is that lol been done a bit different to how ive seen other people do it like most people use the tt framework behind the dash to support it but this one has not used this and tried to base it more on the mk1 mountings. As you all probably know to make the tt dash fit in the mk1 you have to shorten it in all directions lol what has already been done for me but im not really liking the finish on some of it so in the future i might try and take a mould of the dashboard and refabricate in carbon (maybe) lol but for the time being it will stay the way it is, at the moment im trying to source the center console for the dash so i can figure out mountings for it.
    few pics of it in the mk1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

that was lucky.... what did you pay out of interest

10. Joes Forum Member

i have seen some go for 400.00

11. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Forum Member

yeah that is a good price for a pre-modded dash.. :thumbup: good job bud, i would of bought that, then a mk1 just to fit it. :lol:

12. Joes Forum Member

hello people thought it was about time i put somehting on here before some of you think iv'e given up lol [:D]
    have been sorting out wiring and choosing managment systems did originally plan to use the original mk5 ecu and decided its probably a bit to complicated for me to get going so after talking to a couple of mates of mine running similar things they managed to convince me to buy megasquirt 2, i know some of you lot are going to hate me for doing that lol but i know someone who's got one and is willing to help me with it and i know i will need help with getting it going lol
    just a pic of it all in the car with control for the power steering and the lc-1 and of course the original fuse box
    [​IMG]
    i bought a 48pin plug and socket from RS for all the engine sensors etc to make disconnection of wiring when removing the engine a lot easier you can just about see this at the bottom of the pic
    also i ran the wiring down the left hand wing for the lights,indicatirs,starter motor to try and give a cleaner engine bay.
    Thats near enough all of the wiring in for now.

13. bens_cab Forum Junkie

your best friend will soon be toyotec aka megasquirt god lol

14. Joes Forum Member

just a few pics of cables for the starter motor,reverse lights & solenoid
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    still waiting for the 48pin connector to arrive to plug into the firewall so when that arrives i will get some more pics of the rest of the wiring

15. Joes Forum Member

hi people
    had the engine back out and pt the clutch and flywheel into the engine so im hoping this will be the last time i put the engine back in before runnig it also some good news the alumininium coupling i had made between the gearbox and the prop shaft has now been relaced with a mk4 rubber and shaft that has been shortened and tig welded back together also after putting all of the drive shafts and prop shafts in i managed to raise the engine a bit more aswell which is good news also lol.
    I was thinking of cutting the sump down to try and give a bit more clearance but if i do that i kmow i will have to shorten the oil pickup but not quite sre how to do this as i think there is a pump in the pickup (correct me if im wrong lol) does anybody have any ideas on this

16. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Dry sump? [:D] Excellent progress. Cannot wait to see more of this.

17. Joes Forum Member

dry sump is there a kit you can buy?
    thanks

18. benthejettaman Forum Member

joe someone i know is going to be developing a kit for dry sumping vr6's, if you come to the meet on monday i'll tell you more

19. powernut Forum Member

coming along very nicely joe , top work , keep it up , you,ll be on top soon .........

20. Admin Guest

i have a spare shorten pick up pipe, as required for the steel based sumps that the 1.8t engine uses.