mk2 1.6 more power!

Discussion in '8-valve' started by herrnuki, Jan 16, 2011.

1. danster Forum Addict

The superior 8v head is not cylindrical unfortunately. So this requires a new lesson to be taught. [:-B]

One will require a sheet of 5mm square graph paper. Now lay the paper over the chamber and start counting the squares within the perimeter of the chamber's edge. Count any squares over half as a whole one, and ignore any square under a half. Doing this roughly averages out the total area. Once this area has been calculated, then a skim thickness can be worked out to reduce the volume. Basically we are converting a 2 dimensional area, to a 3 dimensional volume.

(bottle of wine down, still making sense. [:^:] )

2. herrnuki New Member

meanwhile i figured some other method on how to find that but this one sounds much easier and more precise :thumbup:
    i was thinking to get a thick wire and put it all the way arround combustion chamber to get it's circumference then i would use that lenght to convert it to circle and get its diameter and from that it would be easy to calculate how much cc i have in 1mm height of the chamber :)
    I would like to try both ways just to se it's accuracy
    now let's share that bottle and thank's guys ,it's so much easier when you can get all the info from the ppl who has done that before :thumbup: