MK2 2.5" Exhaust systems. They're Here!

Discussion in 'Trackslag.com' started by Trackslag, Jun 9, 2012.

1. thegave Forum Member

I want to know how richgit has gotten on with his system.

2. mk2bal Forum Member

Probably too busy out enjoying it to write up on here. I've got one, and its quality!!! Waiting for a RR tune to get full potential of it though. The boost is low and the map runs rich, so a bit poppy and loud right now. Will get back soon enough with a proper report . Its a shame it doesnt run through the car to see it and really appreciate the quality of work..! We need someone to do a before and after to show the difference the mandrel bends and 2.5" throughout makes, I cant do a 'before fitting' as mine was ABF prior to this 20vt setup going in...

3. Trackslag

Trackslag Forum Member Trader

Hi Baz, great to hear that you're enjoying it. Can't wait to hear how yours performs once it's mapped. Good idea about the before and after figures but it'll be great to get some feedback when you get yours set up. Who's doing the mapping?

4. mk2bal Forum Member

Hi There. Sorry for late response.. Had the car rolling roaded a couple weeks back, and it made 223 at engine, 193 at wheels. Boost was raised slightly on actuator as was incorrectly set, but was more a session for afr check and operators feedback for my peace of mind. It has the free 'tune up' on the ecu the guy who de-immobilised supplied.. Its only the local rollers, so nothing was altered or tuned electronically, and the figures may not be 100% correct.. It runs a tad rich so still a bit boomy at times, but does really sound nice.. Im still goin to take it to r tech, as I think there is still more to come, its only running 1 bar boost, or peaking just over and holding just under, plus its got the full 2.5" system, silicone tip, k03s, large port agu setup, forge actuator and d/v, and 2.5" boost piping bar the 2.25" bit off turbo..Also R tech can maybe give their verdict on how it performs, if they can guage that at all from rr session? They've mapped many an agu k03s but none with trackslag system so maybe? Im still very happy with system and the random bangs and pops flashes and flames when hot remind me its there alright

5. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Could do with one of these systems. ;)

Nice to hear how great they are to.

6. Trackslag

It's really good to hear that you're enjoying the car. You're right about the rich mixture making it louder, as you know, it'll sort itself out when you get it tuned.
    I'm looking forward to hearing about the difference, when you do get it tuned!

7. Trackslag

It's worth mentioning that I heard one of our full systems last week on a K04 powered MK2. It had our 3" downpipe connected to our 2.5" full system.
    Those who have tried to explain the quality sound of these sytems know how difficult it is to put into words (Right Baz? :))
    The easiest way to describe it is "emotive", ie; it provokes an emotion (the nice warm one). It sounds good with the 2.5" downpipe but the 3" opens the sound up a little. Easy to see why Funkyfive was so impressed.

8. Trackslag

This is a quick update to this thread due to the lost days on the forum. I'll delete this if we get them back.
    From memory, we lost Nigep's post and it was relating to noise testing at sensitive venues. He also said that his was tested at 86-88 decibels (I think) and his system is a 2.25", three box system, ( I think, lol) but looking to upgrade to 2.5".
    I then replied saying that I would test mine.
    Well, I've tested mine (1.8t, k03s, 2.5" downpipe mated to our 2.5" two box system) and it measures 84 decibels (static). The turbo acts as a silencer but that's still very respectable.

9. Trackslag

More pics for clicks :)
    Dandubber kindly shared this quick camera phone snap with us the other day. His floor is cleaner than my roof!
    You'll be seeing a lot more of this car I think
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  10. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Wow [:D]

I really want one for my mk2. Need to start saving me thinks !

11. Trackslag

I had a look at your build thread the other day, it really has moved up a level. It's a different beast to the picture in your signature.
    These systems are making their way onto some high profile cars, it's good to hear that you're considering becoming one of them :thumbup:
    Most times we sell one of these, we get a call once it's on and you can almost see their grin down the phone, lol
    Just had a text from the person who bought the last one actually.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    Richard Mk2 likes this.
  12. WAK

wak Forum Member

hi Mathew, got the downpipe and it looks great, even though it hasn't moved off my coffee table i can just tell it's perfect, thinking about a system now, buti want oem style slash pipes at the oem angle, is there anyway this could happen?? Best customer service known to man, keep up the good work :thumbup:

13. Trackslag

Hello mate, you're too kind :)
    As much as I would love to say yes, the jig is set up as straight out. To do them on an angle would mean a complete re-design of the back box. If we were to just angle the tips, it wouldn't flow properly and would risk sounding odd. I hate saying no, but when you understand the reasoning, it makes sense.
    On the plus side, we've had nothing but praise about both the look and the sound of them at the VW festival in Harewood this weekend. No one can believe how quiet they are when pootling (I think it's a word) about.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

14. steve1990 Forum Member

hi mr trackslag... been reading through this thread... some awesome stuff never been so excited about exhausts haha

Im running an AGU with KO3s in my Mk2 jetta and have just purchased a 2.5" qpeng downpipe ( would have bought one of yours if I knew about you last week but someone just pointed me your way! Typical)

The conversion is nearly finished and the exhaust is needed now.... is there any way you could build an extended version for the jetta????

15. Trackslag

Hi Mr Steve lol
    You are our first enquiry about a system for a MK2 Jetta but you won't be the last. I'll PM you some details and my number so you can give me a call tomorrow.

steve1990 likes this.
  16. Steve B Forum Junkie

Id really like one for my jetta too, but at this moment I dont have the required capital. The jetta would have the same pipe work over the rear axel and any roll bars, after that im not sure, in theory it would just be a little longer

17. Trackslag

I think that you're right Steve, it's just extended at the rear. I'm fairly sure that the rear box hanger points are the same too.
    Jetta love seems to be spreading :)

18. dsj20v Forum Member

Hi Matthew what is total price inc delivery for a twin 2.75 system? Also are they in stock and finally best way to pay, cheers Dan

19. Trackslag

Hi Dan, the systems are on the shelf and ready to go. They're 395 plus 15 delivery.
    You can either use Paypal through our online shop, or I could send you a Paypal invoice, or I can give you the Trackslag bank details and you can do a transfer.

20. Tscholey New Member

hi, i have a mk2 golf with an s3 apy engine going in very shortly,

i already have a qpeng down pipe but thinking of getting the rest of the exhaust from you

Any one have any videos of these ? Really want to hear what they sound like !!

Tom