Mk2 8v vs Mk4 GTi ...........

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by vr6highline28, Feb 26, 2005.

1. bobski Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    if i had 7k ya dum ass id have the perfect mk11 cos id spend the 7k on mine...new engine/gear box and few other bits and bobs bring it back to being almost brand new...as the body work is perfect....and as for spelling who gives a toss im on the net not sitting my english higher....so get a life and get over it...the mk11 is the daddy and if thats what i think thats my right and if you like the mk4 then im not going to lose sleep over it....the only thing im losing sleep over is how to come up with enough cas to buy a mk5 gti....so away and drive your mk4 and chill out ;)

2. ou52hkh New Member

i em shure yo willl ave enuff cas soon bobyszi :lol: :lol:

btw i have a mk2 and a cab as well as the mk4........ nostalga is grate but aint much fun on long jurknees

3. Seraph Banned

for someone pointing out someone elses poor spelling/grammer,is this not a case of the kettle calling the pot black... ;) [:D]

4. ou52hkh New Member

it wuz a jok silly

5. bobski Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: that will be why im a joiner not a lawyer....should of stuck in at skool :lol: and maybe id have that cash for the new gti :lol: :lol: lets not all get upset over a car at the end of the day we all drive good solid cars unlike the chav brigade....with there exhaust that would swallow small animals and disco lights under there cars [:s] [:s] :lol: :lol:

6. kerrly Forum Member

7. N3DXT New Member

I've had 2 16v mk2's, I'm currently on my third mk2 8v, I've also had 2 mk3 vr6's and also now have a mk4 1.8t modded up to 225 bhp, (So I think I can have a fair stab at how ~I see this).

I think a mk4 turbo with a suspension change would outrun the mk2 (with standard engine) the difference in my case would be I would always hold back a bit in the mk4, not through lack of confidence but because I wouldn't want to wreck it and it would cast a small fortune to put right, whenever I'm driving an old mk2 I'm happy to cane it within an inch of its life as I know it won't cost a fortune to fix if I either blow it up or stick it in a ditch. That bit I would back by might just be the amount a mk2 needed to get past me.

I can't see myself being without a mk2 golf for the forseeable future, its great fun to have something you can shag the knickers off and then step back into a nice fairly luxurious car (in comparison) for the longer journeys still knowing that if you get stuck behind some old biddy or if you've been held up, a little bit of spirited driving will soon have you back on schedule.

8. Seraph Banned

Yeah, i was just thinking, how absolutely hilarious [:|]

9. dubst16v Forum Member

mk2 2.0 16v and you really dont have to worry bout mk4s lol
    but i must say a bit of comfort would be nice one day
    i drove to wales from kent and who cares which is faster when u cant feel ur legs lol