Mk2 Cruise control

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Zaphod, Aug 9, 2011.

1. mono matt Forum Member

lol cruise control on our roads :-/

Maybe just maybe on some remote section of motorway at 2am it might be a handy feature :-s

All of our cars have it, and time and time again I have given it the benefit of the doubt and attempted to use it- my conclusion= roads are to busy and there's too many lane hoggers :-(

IF every car on the road had it and every driver knew how to use it properly it could really work lol

2. 16oak Forum Member

Hi
    well mine works when you go over 40 mph you are able to activate cruise
    THIS IS ON A MK2 16V KR
    THANKS
    16OAK

3. c_a_r_t_e_r Forum Member

I manage 30 motorway miles every day in rush hour traffic and hardly ever disengage the cruise. Fun game actually! If you're cruising at 65 then everyone just goes past you. Whenever I catch a lorry (slowly creep up on it over a mile or 2) I just speed up to 75, overtake, then drop the throttle and let the cruise catch it at 65 again.

Know exactly what you mean though, it's impossible to stay in cruise for more than a couple of minutes at "normal" motorway speeds. Driving in America is much more relaxing - just match the speed of the car in front, in the lane that's going at your desired speed, hey presto!

Always amuses me when people forget to add more throttle going up motorway hills, becomes very obvious using cruise when they pass you on the downhill and you start gaining on them up the hill...

Tim.

4. 16oak Forum Member

Thanks tim