MK2 headlights upgrading

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by bluef24, Jan 15, 2006.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

:thumbup: Better check my realys actually I bolted em to the slam pannel just above the passenger headlight...

2. copper Forum Member

Shows how long this has taken me to get round to!

Johnny, i disconnected the polo resistor...dip beam works now but only on one headlight? the other ones out. have i missed something?!

cheers

M

3. rubjonny

maybe a blown bulb/fuse?

4. copper Forum Member

A job that should be so simple..!! [:x]

Changed the bulb in the faulty light, pluged the uprated loom back in, and now neither work on dip beam dispite the polo packet being unplugged!

put everything back to std and i have both dip and full beam etc [:s]

5. copper Forum Member

johnny, i've re-checked it again n nought! Any more thoughts or should it 'just work'! cheers

6. gillm

gillm ***** User

fit hid's there are quite cheap on ebay now i got some for 64 for my mk1 and they are bi-xenon

7. rubjonny

very odd, have you checked that the relays click on when you switch on the dipped beam?

8. nealey Forum Junkie

Are you running headlight washers as well as iirc you need them to legally use xenons in the uk, not that it bothers me cos i would do it anyway but just wondered if you have had any trouble with it?

9. gillm

gillm ***** User

lol mk1 is not on the road yet :) but im not too bothered

10. rubjonny

you only need washers and levellers on HID systems fitted from the factory, if you retro fit it to your own car you don't need em :thumbup: