nitrous on mk2 8v ???

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by supercharged999, May 29, 2006.

1. supercharged999 Forum Member

had the car on DYNODYNAMICS rollers yesterday.

143.5 hp @ 5900 (flywheel )
    150 ftlb @ 4500

then did a nitrous run

172.8 hp @ 5900 (flywheel )
    205 ftlb @ 4500
    air fuel ratio was very rich (8:1)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  2. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

nice supercharged999 was that using a 50shot of nitrous then?

3. supercharged999 Forum Member

4. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

Good result. Did you not have any other jets to sort the fueling out there? Shame. Get the fuelling dialed and the power's only going to go one way ;)

Keep us posted

5. Rocket_ronnie Forum Member

My hose is split [:^(] its the one that goes into the bottle just after the olive.....can i remove the olive from the snapped pipe and put it on the other pipe....looks tight on there?

6. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

RR, I'm a bit confused. Are you saying the blue 5mm high pressure nylon pipe coming out of the nitrous bottle valve is split? And are you asking if when you replace said pipe you can re-use the olive?

If so the answers no...I'm a poet! You might be able to but I'd advice against it. They're well cheap so its not worth the hassle unless you're in a rush. I'd also recomend you replace the whole length of that pipe if you can, if its been on the vehicle for a while. Again probably not necessary but if it were me I would for piece of mind. Its about 6 a meter plus the VAT from WoN. That said the pipe rarely fails. Is it subject to a tight bend? Hot cold extremes?

(Got the purge kit on BTW, works a treat so thanks.)

7. Rocket_ronnie Forum Member

the break is about 1cm away from the bottle so insted of replacing the whole pipe i thought i could just take the olive of the broken part and put it onto the existing pipe.
    not sure how it broke, doesnt really get touched/moved alot [:^(] have you read my post bout turboing the 2.0 8v?

8. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

Try it and see with the old pipe! Worst you'll get is a leak and loose a bit of gas.

Did see post on Turbo. More work than you might think but could yield some good power. And you'll still need some sort of management to run the 5th injector. And what about ignition advance? Another re-map of stock ecu. Will post on that thread when I've got a bit more time. Strapped at the mo.

9. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

hello guys!!

the pipe is alot cheaper from other places i can do it for 1 per metre includ a few olives!!

just fitted direct port injectors to mine now for more even mixture delivery of the 100bhp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just got to finish the final connections & mounts.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  10. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

Nice! let us know how you get on with the direct port. Will be going that route myself soon.

11. Rocket_ronnie Forum Member

I might have some of that hose of you then :)

As i'm going up to 150 jets at the end of the month, will it be worth going direct port?

12. sdj_mk3 Forum Member

Definitely worth going direct port at those sort of power levels mate. Think Brookster will say the same.

Last thing you want is all of that power just coming from a couple of cylinders!! or fuel drop out.

13. Brookster

Yes i would say anything more than 100bhp and you have to go the direct port route ;)

or you will start melting plugs and getting an uneven mixture [8(]

plus you will be a quicker hit with the direct port as the injectors are alot closer to the inlet valves. [:D]

14. Rocket_ronnie Forum Member

ok looks like i got to look into that aswell then. The progressive controller is first tho

15. Brookster

r u running 100bhp at the moment without progressive controller [8(]

16. Rocket_ronnie Forum Member

yeah i havent got a progressive controller.....something i'll deffinetly be getting before i got to 150

17. challice Forum Member

ive decided to go down this road to...bought the sb100i kit from wizards of nos only guna have a 50 shot...hope to have it all up an running in 2 months ish...

18. jtothez Forum Member

Anyone know someone wanting a complete Wizards system?

mine is still forsale, cant seem to shift it got an almost full bottle an all!

19. Brookster

How much ? ;)

20. jtothez Forum Member

after 300

full 11lb bottle, electronic TPS and wizards bottle gauge plus the usual bits