Oh my god! what a crash!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Baj MK2 VR, Nov 19, 2004.

1. slick Forum Junkie

It has been posted before and its the only pic i can find at the mo.

2. slick Forum Junkie

on another note, this is the new hummer actually coming off worse than a pickup in a crash.

[​IMG]

so much for them being really tough.

[8(] [8(] [8(]

3. nickbee Forum Member

The first pic is of Stan Fox's crash in '95. IIRC he recovered totally from the accident and took up racing again, but was killed five years later in a road car accident.

4. AlexB Forum Member

it was probably crashing into Recardo!! LOL

5. Admin Guest

Bloody hell!!

That mashed up body parts pic is unbelievable [:^(]

6. AndrewF Forum Addict

yep first one is stand fox on the first lap of the 1995 indy 500. he didn't break a single bone in his body, he did however have serious head injuries from the decelaration. he did recover, though not enough to race again. sadly though he was killed in a road accident a few years later. i saw the race live, and when the camera zoomed in on the car i thought he must be dead.

the pic slick posted up is indeed of the alex zanardi accident, and yes he did loose his legs instantly. he came within 5 mins of dieing from the blood loss. however he is know back racing in the european touring car series for bmw (i saw him at donnington this year) using hand controls for throttle and clutch, and his prosthetic limbs for braking. he is a true star. he's just released a book...its no.1 on my xmas list. will deffo be a good read knowing alex.

7. AndrewF Forum Addict

more pics of the zanardi crash (the one slick posted is the most gruesome one i've seen - have seen it before though - maybe best to edit it so it is a link with a warning)...

http://www.bjoernkunze.com/pix/zanardi-crash.jpg
    http://cfm.globalf1.net/images/accidents/files/crash_030.jpg

motorsport is full of horrific stuff. theres much worth stuff than zanardi's shunt. here's martin donnelly's carerr ending accident (is a bit nasty), he recovered though and now runs a friend of mine in radicals...

EDIt - link didnt work. put 'donnelly crash' into google image search and it'll come up.
    Edited by: acf8181

8. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Erm... I've just removed that image from page one. Since this isn't Rotten.com...

9. Claypole Forum Junkie

Bugger just spent five minutes trying to work out what everyone was going on about... [:s] [:$]

10. alexg40 Forum Member

Hmmm,I hate seeing pictures of stuff like that, but strangely I looked at the links [:s]

11. fthaimike Forum Addict

12. fthaimike Forum Addict