Pad wear- track use 256 & 280mm

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by iguana, Mar 10, 2005.

1. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Tubs only used them at the 'ring last year Alex.

If the Hawk blues I used are anything to go by, you would'nt want such an agressive pad for the road as with light braking they won't get up to temp. That's what usually eats the discs. Can't argue with the torque from these 3000s though:clap:

2. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

My MO's are still covered in DS3000 rust [:$]

They are not road pads :lol:

3. AndrewF Forum Addict

just realised this week how hard my pagids have been on my discs (road use only as well!)....you could jack the car up on the lip! still half the pad left, but i honestly think the discs will wear through before the pads run out! :lol:
    Edited by: acf8181

4. DarrenH Forum Member

i get through a set of pads per track day. ive been using rally designs own-brand max-torq "kevlar aramid fibre" pads. fair enough they arent exactly a big name in the braking fraternity, theres no go faster part number and they come in a happy shopper box. but they work, no discernible fade, and seem fairly painless on the disks.

5. iguana Forum Member

I now know Barny was indeed not on a wind up, but I do find his life out of the greens incredable, particualy as I was chin wagging with a chap who runs a track Mk1 valver on 256mm as he also used the Pagid FRs gets a day out of 'em, yet at the 'ring once they were worn & he put a set of greens in, 2 laps later they were scrap! he had to fish the worn FRs out of the bin & put them back on! :lol:

6. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

My DS3000's still have loads left on them after a weeked at the Ring and Cadwell.

7. iguana Forum Member

Shame the Ferodos are so pricey.

Think I'm gunna give EBC yellows a go next, but any cheaper suppliers than Demon Thieves about tho for the Ferodos?

8. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Have a word with Ian (IV mk1 16v) he can get EBC yellows dirt cheap ;)

9. iguana Forum Member

Already have G ;)

10. I V - mk1 16v Forum Member

Alex, also have a word with steveR he got some yellows and tried them at Cadwell, i think he was impressed with them but see what he says. ;)

11. steve r

steve r Forum Member

I got front and rear yellows as they reccomend matching the pad material.

very impressed by the pads, took a little warming up to get the most from them, but i was then able to brake later than i'd normally feel comfortable with into the corners, and they did a good job of slowing the car on the downhill approach to mansfield bend. no hint of fade all day and that was after some pretty long sessions in the afternoon on the slicks

they are not recommended for road use so i'll be fitting some green stuff pads for that, (another call to ians contact is on the cards)

i have some pics of my old cooked pagids on my camera, will upload them later if they came out ok,

12. steve r

steve r Forum Member

shim packs come away:

[​IMG]

cooked pad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]