Perspex windows...

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Tubthumped, Oct 17, 2004.

1. G40jos Forum Member

Would you recommend using 4mm over 3mm on a polo mk3, i don't want them too leak. Thinking about getting some polycarbonate sheets and cutting my own using the existing rubbers. Only want the back window and the rear quarters and front quarters. Is there anythingwhich doesn't scratch as easily as polycarbonate?

2. steve r

steve r Forum Member

if your using the existing rubbers then measure the glass and fit the same sized plastic to ensure it fits correctly and won't leak.

on a mk2 golf the rear windows are 3mm and the fronts are 4mm, i guess the polo would be the same

3. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

thak god for roll cages, door bars, and four point harnesses, hey?

4. Polog4tracer Forum Member

I used to use 4mm all round when using the existing rubbers still on my Polo.

My new 4mm pop riveted windows inc the vent sliders were done by plastics4performance and are their own plexiglass (or flexiglass?), according to P4P they are better at scratch resistant and also lighter than polycarbonate.

5. whitie Forum Member

How much more did that cost you?

6. Polog4tracer Forum Member

Cost me 163 for the job lot including the sliders, rear window, etc and delivery too.

7. MR D Forum Member

Been looking into fitting a carbon bonnet to my rocco stupid quotes so far 5000. they rekon just to make up the mould [:$] wanna do a group buy with other rocco owners but money is far to silly could you do a two skined version for the rocco ?