Pet hates or pedants corner

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zaphod, Sep 14, 2010.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

With prices on their knees, and basically no one giving two hots about them, I would just like to take this opportunity to invent the sayings:

"Typ 1H" and "Series 3"

When the Mk3 is back on the upslope, parts rarity increasing, and folks paying mega money for genuine wings and the classic but normally rejected early GTI alloys becoming the 'must haves', nobody will own "a Mk3" any more. Carl Taylor's YOB Mk3 will be all of a sudden hated and slated - and I'll remind everyone, on the hour every hour, of this post :lol: :lol:

I haz Mk3 scene ownership covered! [:o)]

2. Zaphod

Zaphod Forum Member

Yes aparently the scensters have loaded tax on my early Mk2.. oh well just as well I already have one.. that they can't have to stick vast amounts of tat onto

3. ktuludays

ktuludays Forum Member

people who say "pacific" or "pacifically" instead of "specific" or "specifically"

my current pet hate at home is when my wife takes the toilet roll off the holder and leaves it on the edge of the bath

4. Dubmeister1997 Forum Member

Amen to whoever it was that said 'People who drive around with foglights on all over the place'

This never used to bother me, in fact, I was one of those people when I had my MKII (sorry, MK 2) but now I live and work in the New Forest it makes it difficult to see anything in front of you if you are blinded by the glare from some tw@ that thinks its foggy driving towards you.

The price of Petrol/Diesel winds me up as well.

5. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

People who think that the correct method of dealing with someone they perceive to be too close behind them (when doing 60 in lane three with four empty lanes to the left...) is to stamp on the brakes, locking up and causing the car behind to have no option to run up the back of them, then jump out to remonstrate regardless of other cars now taking evasive action to prevent a major pile-up... [:x] [:x] [:x]

Waiting for police to catch up with him now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Oops!

I was just about to complain that I'm sometimes mildly irritated by people that pronounce the letter aitch as haitch, but that seems trivial in the face of your woes Stu. [:^(]

7. Admin Guest

WTF Stu?! some crazy folk about.

This is a pet hate, the cat throwing up her breakfast or dinner every other day, literally fcking sick of it, no pun intended!

bloody hate cats.

8. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Case in point why we all need in-car cameras now.

I don't doubt that the guy was being a prat, lane hogging, but there is no predicting how folk will revert to cave-creatures in close quarter motoring incidents, which I assume is the pre-amble here. Basically he tried to sh*t you up + got it wrong. Was his car any good or a beater he didn't care about?

9. StuMc

My camera is code-F at the moment or it would have been on...

His car was a 54-plate 206 that looked fine apart from the rear plate hanging off.

Basically I joined the motorway, and seeing a couple of cars in lane 1 and 2 went straight across to lane 3. Nothing lairy, just that they were side-by-side and I wanted to go faster.

Anyways, as I pass the car in lane 2, here`s this Pug in lane 3 doing less than the other two. They were clearly happy to undertake him, but I was now committed to lane 3 and started to back off so as not to be right up his backside.

I was about 1.5 secs back and off throttle when he gives it the old brake test treatment. Quite aggressively too, not the usual quick stab just to get the brake lights to flash, so now I`m about two cars lengths behind and on the brakes to try and re-build the gap.

I threw my hand up and shook my head to say `WTF are you doing?` at which point he stands on the anchors, locks, and I almost lock before nudging his bumper. At this point we must have been doing 10-15mph, then came to as stop with the cars still in contact, and he jumps out practically foaming at the mouth.

I glanced in my rearview, and saw an Ambulance giving it big swerves to stop running up my back end, and several other cars taking major evasive moves.

Clearly this guy wasn`t intent on talking or exchanging details, so I had to reverse back and get out of there. Straight on the phone to the Police, who advised me to get off at the next services and speak to a Traffic cop who was likely to be there.

I came off, but the Peugot loony carried on. There wasn`t a copper there, but the Ambulance from before was, so they gave my their details as witnesses, and I ended up giving my statement over the phone.

Police are now pursuing him for at least leaving the scene of an accident/not reporting an accident, but I would hope it`ll pan out to dangerous driving at a minimum. He`s not been at home the four times the Traffs have been round, so it`s just a waiting game now.

10. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Nice, sounds like he's creeked himself. Amazed you got the plate.

11. StuMc

Certainly seems so. I don`t know why the plate stuck in my mind...maybe because I had to tell the Police operator it three times, even saying it in the Phonetic alphabet... :lol:

12. Raider Forum Member

Did you flash the lights?.... Maybe he's matey with the RS6 boys from last time?:lol:

13. StuMc

Ha! If I was up his chuff flashing my lights I could almost understand the reaction! :lol:

Since the RS6-nutters incident I`ve switched my tactics to the German method of sticking the right hand indicator on and moving right slightly (a car appearing more in your right-hand mirror gets your attention more apparently) It`s surprisingly effective, and I always give a `thank you` wave or flash of the hazards when someone moves over (which I always did beforehand too anyway)

But with this guy, I was behind him for about 5 seconds before he reacted. I barely had a chance to even think about asking him to move over... [:s]

14. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

A whiff of the whiplash brigade?

15. StuMc

I though that at first, but given the way he jumped out and the fact he hasn`t reported it to anyone, confirmed to me he`s just a nutter with anger management issues, and a clearly a danger on the road.

16. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Don't be surprised if you get a knock on the door yourself Stu.

I can See him claiming he had to stop in an emergancy and you were too close and you hit him. Therefore it could be argued as you doing the dangerous driving.

His story will be:

"I don't know what you mean officer. The lad in the Red car came straight off the junction, accross 3 lanes of traffic and right up my ****. I was doing the speed limit, so he must have been speeding. When I applied the breaks to avoid the imginary elephant/other traffic in the road, he hit me".

Since my accident of hitting someone up the **** on the M4 (I would have avoided it if the person infront hadn't hit the car infront of them) and as I was the last in the line of traffic it was instantly regarded my fault and all the costs were lumped to me. I now take a rather pragmatic view on giving people alot of space, even if they are goign 10 mph below the speed limit. I tend to think they are doing that cos they are ****ing idiots and ****ing idiots tend to do stupid things.

17. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Pretty outrageous insurance logic tbqfh.

Two cars hit each other in front of you, and you hit the last one, ergo it's ALL your fault?

That is Horlicks - unless you then compressed them all back into each other, causing more?

18. StuMc

I hear you, and the first copper I spoke to said they`d pretty much just regard it as a common `bump `n shunt` if he reported it and would just leave us to let our respective insurers to sort it out. They`d view it as my word against his, and since there were no injuries wouldn`t pursue any claims of dangerous driving by either party.

But he did said, what would make a difference would be any independant witnesses who could verify he was at fault...I have those in the Ambulance crew.

That and the fact he hasn`t reported it puts the spotlight firmly on him.

If he`d had any sense he`d have tried that tactic staright away and a claim could have gone in against me (along with the attendant, spurious whiplash too no doubt), but he clearly isn`t that smart, and has now left himself wide open to action from the Police and my insurer...

19. Admin Guest

breaks?

I thought better of you Timothy/Paul/Tony:lol:

20. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Anyway, back on topic.

People that write 'breaks' when they mean 'brakes' :lol:

Rocket-powered taxi pls! [:o)]