Political Question?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Golden, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Golden Forum Junkie

Heres the thing, after recent reports about U.S. troops abusing the Koran, is this not equally offensive?

[​IMG]

Its been the main stay of every hard-line Muslim demonstration for the last 20 years.

2. madmonkey Forum Addict

Would be awfull if the burning flag fell on them and burnt them all to cinders. [:D] ;) [:D] :lol:

All that cloth on their heedz like. ;) [:D] :lol:
    Edited by: madmonkey

3. Buff mk3 Forum Member

Probably is but we`re not allowed to criticise Muslims are we?

Despite the fact they want to enforce their religion on the world...

4. superden Forum Addict

Muslims are a minority though ... [:x]

Burning that flag is no different to `abusing` some bullsh*t book.

At some point the governments of the west are going to have to wake up and realise that appeasing these minorities is only going to cause more social unrest.

If its offensive to burn a book that represents the religion of millions then its offensive to burn a flag that represents millions as well.

Personally I`m thinking about having a Koran torching session.

Anyone in, bring a bottle and we can make a night of it.

:)

Incidentally how do you abuse a book ... do you make jokes about its mother ... [:[]
    Edited by: superden

5. madmonkey Forum Addict

I'll bring a bottle of JD, but I'll laugh my nuts off if you turn out to be "black" Den. :lol:

6. superden Forum Addict

Why did you put that in inverted commas ?

Is there more than one kind of black ?

:lol:

Incidentally ... I am not "blick" :)

7. madmonkey Forum Addict

LMFAO!

[lethal_weapon_3?]But, but , but, you're blick![lethal_weapon_3?]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. so1o Forum Member

Offensive to Americans, maybe yes, but whats a burning flag compared to killing innocent muslims for the last 20 years? Golden i see what your saying but would you rather they burnt a flag or went into America and stayed there even though they promised to get out as soon as there job was done!

Buff everytime i switch the television on allI see is criticism towards Muslims. Who istrying to enforce Islam on the world?

Superden, i dont think anyone compares a religion based around a holy book to a flag. The comment about "burning" i dont see the joke.

I dont know, you lot might be joking but not everyone see's it as a joke.

Im a fairly new member, forums excellent but remember there are Muslims on this forum so they can get offended so please think before you post.

Solo

Edited by: so1o

9. Golden Forum Junkie

so1o,

This post is not supposed to be a Muslim bashing session.

It is unfortunate that people cannot see that there are extremists in any form of religion (which is part of the reason Im an atheist).

Your comment though that the Koran cannot be compared to the Stars and Stripes is quite possibly the most insular, self righteous comment Ive ever heard!

i dont think anyone compares a religion based around a holy book to a flag

You see the Koran as the word of God, Americans see the Stars and Stripes as a symbol of everything their ancestors have fought for, for the last 300 years.

One of the big issues touted around, with regard to racism or religious prejudice, is that a comment or action may not be offensive to you, but can be massively offensive to another social group. How on earth can you sit there as a British Muslim and say the Koran means more than the Stars and Stripes, go ask a farmer from Kansas if he thinks the Koran means more than Stars and Stripes.

10. Buff mk3 Forum Member

Buff everytime i switch the television on allI see is criticism towards Muslims. Who istrying to enforce Islam on the world?

Is it not Al Queda and the other extremist and fundamentalist groups stated intent?

Minority Muslim groups I know.

11. prof Forum Addict

weren't they defacing the koran as a form of torture/ intimidation, to get information from them?

I guess it's defacing books or physical torture, i know what i'd rather have

12. superden Forum Addict

Oh ... well thats alright then. So long as the muslims arent offended ...

Well maybe there should be more of an outcry from muslims against the fanatics who act in their name instead of the duplicity thats often demonstrated.

`I think fanatics are wrong BUT ...`

Thats the problem with religious types of all denominations.

They take it way to seriously.

Do I care ?

If someone chooses to follow a religion then fine.

Am I going to tip-toe about in case I offend them ?

How about no.

13. b'locks Forum Addict

14. azrael Forum Member

Ahhh yes lets froth at the mouth at the illusionary scapegoats put in front of us. Wake up people just as there are televangelists in the USA raging on about islam there are (US funded) recruiters in the middle east banging the drums of war against capitalism. Both parties including us are simply pawns in a game of international power.

The best way to solve any conflict is of course to encourage an us Vs them mentality until one of the groups is eradicated... :clap: [xx(]
    I think you should be more careful with stereotyping an entire nation/religion/group as somehow warmongering, lets us remember that we`re the ones who`ve launched two pre-emptive invasions. Also remember that it was pathetic generalisations about a race that led to the holocaust.
    If you can`t look at this stagemanaged "conflict" objectively then don`t bother.

15. superden Forum Addict

Whos frothing at the mouth ?

Nobody so far ...

... apart from these lads perhaps.

[​IMG]

16. prof Forum Addict

so you think that the US government are inciting muslims to attack the US just to keep their economy going? and their population hating someone other than the government..........?

17. thebluebus Forum Junkie

its all double standard bullshi!t.
    [:x]
    Edited by: thebluebus

18. Grayham8v Forum Member

Maby we should burn some tea towels in retaliation

19. azrael Forum Member

No I think the oligarchy under the guise of the us govt. is helping fund terrorist attacks against the US people in order to use them as a pretext for middle eastern invasion in order to obtain oil supplies and capital control of middle eastern countries. The threat of terrorism both abroad and at home will then be used to gain unwarranted control over the last free citizenry of the world (people like us) in order to effect a police state upon the population.
    Then you`ll have chips shoved in your arm and spend the rest of your life as economic slaves on a prison planet.

It may sound sci-fi but i`m afraid its true. Obviously this will all fail, people aren`t stupid enough to have chips implanted into them...well people already are in the good `ol US of A.
    But we`re not as brainwashed as some of the fools chanting "kill muslims for Jesus" in Texas.

This isn`t a conspiracy theory this is just a conclusion you reach when you look at whats going on. If you don`t agree fair play it doesn`t matter at this stage. The point is hopefully when they sit on TV telling you, you need to be chipped you`ll remember this thread and stand up for yourselves. Comprendez?
    Edited by: azrael

20. b'locks Forum Addict

:lol: