poor customer service from style dynamix

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by c3vrg, May 9, 2005.

1. c3vrg New Member

its a shame i have to write this but i bought a set of wheels that have degraded faster than they should. i wash them every week but they have begun to corrode.

after first sending the center cpas back after 5 months they were retunred to me refurbished .only to retun to there pitiful state a month later and now the wheels are going the same way.

they are less than 10 months old when i contacted them again,where they asked me to take pics and send them off ,which i did the same day. a little dirtier than normal as it was raining,

basically they are saying the problem is down to me not looking after them enough and they havent even seen them in the flesh yet.

But anyone who has seen my cars will see thats not the case.

running 9x15 bbs splits highly polished anyone will tell you i look after my wheels.

They want me to pay to have the courired to them which is ok but keep putting off when ,every time i ring them they say how there was brake dust on the pics i sent them and threre not ready for the wheels yet,this was the end of march.

They are also saying how they need to contact the manufacture as it could be down to them.

but that is there job not mine.

bascically they are a waste of space and i wont buy from them again as there customer service is crap ,along with there no existant returns policy.This of course is only my opinion.

wheels by the way keskin kt5 blocklight
    Edited by: c3vrg

2. gorilly Forum Member

ok i take back what i said about being based on hayes trading estate...

but about the website looking very un-professional i do stick to my guns!

if your a company with a website your projecting an advertisement... if your website looks poorly made etc what does that say about the company?

maybe they are good, but why not spend a few more pounds on that poor website! its like having a demo car with rust all over it and spinning hub caps!..... if they did would you trust them then?
    Edited by: gorilly

3. c3vrg New Member

In this day and age im not suprised ,just dissapointed.

But hey hopefully this will help others from getting ripped off ,i certainly dont recomend the company.

I felt like wearing a t shirt at inters saying i got ripped off by style dynamix .[:s]

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

They have a very good reputation, lots of happy customers, me for one :)

5. c3vrg New Member

They had a good reputation with me before this .But have you had any need for a complaint.This is where the problem is .

Any one can do a great job in selling you a product .But if its faulty then you see a different side.Ive owned over 30 differnt vws for over 16 years ,never had a problem like this and a company so unwilling to help sort it out.

6. david_h Forum Member

I've none Shahid for many years, and have experience selling alloy wheels as well. I rate him/ his company as one of the best distributors of German alloy wheels in the UK.

To be fair the fault here is with the manufacturer of the alloy wheel itself.

I am also involved with selling German alloys in the UK, and we have also had a couple of warranty claims. Each time the customer has to pay for shipping to us this is standard procedure in Germany.

Problem is for warranty claims the manufacturer will only pay for shipping out of new wheels, they want you to pay for shipping of the old ones to them.

Also, if the wheel itself is generally sub-standard (not just your set), then the same thing will occur with a new set.

Finally, I know for a fact Keskin in Germany are an absolute nightmare to deal with, very unreliable, poor supply chain etc, hence why we stopped dealing with them. I have no personal experience of the quality of these wheels.

One thing I would say, is ANY wheel that is diamond cut & lacquered should NOT be run with race pads OR through the winter.

7. c3vrg New Member

The fault may well be down to the manufacuter ,but thats not my problem thats style dynamixs to sort ,The customer should only have to deal with the company who took the money .I didnt pay keskin for anything i payed my money to style dynamix ,who took my money in return for goods , im trying to return the wheelsto thembut they keep putting the return off, using excuses as if its my fault.Im annoyed to have to pay the return carrage but prepared for it.

Im not after another set but a refund or a different make .

If there not suitable for winter use then they should state so

If they were such a great company then they should accept the returned wheels ,deal with it with a refund or similar and then sort there own business out with keskin .

8. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

I have to disagree with what you say there.

What has the location of a premises got anything to do with someones workmanship? You're saying that because they work on an industrial estate, that must make them sh*t??!! I'm guessing that you've had no dealings with them, so how could you possibly know anything about thier customer service???

They are always happy to help if there's a problem with anything, and are a real friendly bunch. Arif, Shahid, Craig :clap:

And how can you judge a company just by looking @ a website? You obviously spend far too much time playing on your computer than livin in the real world.
    Edited by: Russ_JDUB

9. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

c3vrg - lets see some pictures...

10. Rahul Forum Junkie

Hang on,

Styledynamix are one of the only companies in the scene that I have seen who are actually decent guys, you know!
    I have popped down there many times and got to know the lads well, they are spot on.

I have been down that way countless times, they have given me great service over the years and Craig nearly knocked himself out sticking on a tyre to a wheel that wasnt approriate.....the tyres split and they just replaced them without questions, not many companies do stuff like that. Hell, their normal policy is to not fit tyres they hadnt supplied.

You have to remember, these guys have to order the wheels from germany which can be a pain in the bottom. Obviously the customer has to understand this, but I can see where you are coming from as customers these days expect to get a free ride.

With regards to your wheels, polished faces can get pitted very easily and the grit etc from the roads doesnt help as well nor does the usage of poor products - can all help to destroy perfectly good rims.

Remember, shahid and arif did not manufacture the wheels, they just distribute them.

Look at it from their perspective, you have had the wheels long enough and they do not know where they have been , how you have treated them...

Your best bet is to take the car down to them and let them make a full assessment.

As Russell says, post up some pictures.

11. Rahul Forum Junkie

get your 'halo' hat off mate and stop passing childish judgements.

12. c3vrg New Member

Ok ok must be my fault silly me .SILLY ME FOR EXPECTING A FREE RIDE.Oh and using poor quality meguirs etc on my wheels ,also funny how my azev a and bbs split rims are unnafected.

its my fault for expecting the centres to last over 5 months and wheels for 10 months with regular maintance to corrode.

Its my fault for ordering these wheels ,how cheecky i was to expect them to not have them in stock and have to order them in from germany.Maybe i should pay them extra for it.

Its my fault to expect regular conatact from style dynamixand being able to return the wheels at my expense..

I would drive them there my self but i live at the bottom end of cornwall ( my fault )

so lets look whos loosing out (ME )

THATS THE POINT OF THIS POST.IM ANGRY .

i dont no how to post pics

13. david_h Forum Member

It appears there is a distinct difference in culture within Germany and the UK.

In Germany, everyone takes off their wheels during the winter and runs steel wheels, regardless of whether they are lacquared, painted, or bare alloy. I know German winters are harsher than in the UK, but the principal is the same.

I am now advising people in the UK to do the same. We do not advise people run alloy wheels in the winter. You admit that you have had the wheels on the car for 10 months, this includes most of the winter. All it takes is one stone chip and salt/water can get onto the bare alloy and begin corroding (unless you wash the wheels every day). This is not a fault of the design of the wheel, but more due to the problem with alloy being a highly corrosive material.

The issue can further be compounded by running different brake compounds, the more metallic/harder compound race pads can more easily penetrate the surface protection on an alloy rim and cause permanent damage. Is this the fault of the manufacturer? It is a difficult one.

Just my thoughts, it doesn't help your case. I can see both sides of the argument.

14. Rahul Forum Junkie

Reading that response, you sound like a real pain in the bottom tbh! ;)

15. Andy947 Forum Addict

Its not uncommon to have to go back to the manufacturer of an item rather than the supplier.

:)

16. c3vrg New Member

Reading that response, you sound like a real pain in the bottom tbh!

THANKS

You obviously only see there side .

Im a paying customer ,im not made of money.

But im stuck with (faulty ?)corroded wheels ,what do you expect me to say.

should i put up with it,what would you do?

17. c3vrg New Member

Oh for reference im running standard brakes ,I live in cornwall were the winters are the mildest in the u.k

I didnt realise these particuar alloys were for summer use only, else i would have kept the standards on .

18. Rahul Forum Junkie

Look,

I can see your side of the story and I suppose I may be miffed if a product is not what it was supposed to be.

There are always two sides to every story.

BUT, with car products and parts its very difficult, especially with wheels.

Even though you might have probably looked after them and what not, your word isnt going to make them give you a refund.

As David H says, with any types of wheels, salt and grit can cause the lacquer to allow moisture to cause pitting damage.

I just wonder if you went in feet first when complaining about your wheels, as this probably wasn't something they liked?

Get some pictures up mate, best bet.

19. M111VR6 New Member

Hi C3VRG, I work for trading standards in Truro Cornwall, not too far away from you, give me a call on 01872 323700, I think we will be able to help you with this problem, as long as the wheels are under a year old there shouldn`t be any hastle.

20. c3vrg New Member

Hi thanks for the info i will give you a call..